Do it then

By Anonymous - 14/08/2009 01:59 - United States

Today, while I was working at Starbucks, a customer spilled her drink all over the counter. After I cleaned up her spill and remade the drink (for free), she exclaimed, "Thanks! I should really tip you!" Then she turned around, walked directly past the tip jar, and left the store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 358
You deserved it 3 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jazzywrites007 2

Run outside. Slap it out of her hand. Run inside. Fyl, honey... =)

It's annoying when people talk about doing something and then don't do it.

Comments

YDI for working at starfucks, where they over charge for a cup of coffee.

i work at starbucks. i do the tips there. you make minimum wage usually, depending on skill level... and you get raises every six months depending on your six month reviews. your tips are an entire weeks worth divided up by the hour you worked. so say $400 tips in one week divided by how many employees (partners) there are then that number times how much you work are tips. anyway, if you can afford starbucks, you can afford to tip, even if it's 5 cents. the reason it's so overpriced is the labor starbucks partners put in to make drinks. we brew coffee eery 8 min, make all are mixes, make all lattes, grind coffee every half hour and have gourmet coffee... plus starbucks donates money to local charities, events and even outside donations to many different organizations.

thank you! i work there too and people don't understand that besides doing all that, we have to clean EVERYTHING too and still act super friendly to people who treat us as if we don't have any meaning to life besides making coffee for special them

marrymejulietx 0

You're kidding right? Give me a BREAK. I work as a barista/coffee assembler/cashier for a different company, and I can tell you that we do a LOT of the same things you do. Except we don't pretend that it's "OMG SOOOO HARDDDDDD". It's not hard, it's not rocket science, and you don't even need to graduate high school to be able to do it. How's the view up there on your high horse?

Technically she said "I should tip you" not "I'm going to tip you." :-P. That said, she's still a ****.

Welcome to the real world. Now get used to it. FML NEEDS a third button/option for these lame, non-FML posts!!!!!

Wow, being an asshole on the internet, how very cliche... don't you have some internet **** to ********** to because with your head up your ass like that you're probably not getting laid. people who don't tip when you are obviously putting in extra work as a public favor SUCK. i feel your pain these people come into an establishment and talk at you like your only purpose is to serve them. *****.

It's not extra work if it's part of your job description.

Exactly. He's being paid for his work, and he thinks he's entitled to tips too. America's waiters and baristas, apparently hotel maids too, have such a sense of entitlement. I find it appalling. No where else in the world do workers feel they deserve extra compensation for doing things included in their job description.

weeeasel 0

Nowhere else in the world do most servers get paid three bucks an hour (or less) to bust their ass for people who don't tip just because it took you a little longer than fifteen seconds to get to their table and greet them. And sure, employers are supposed to make sure you get paid minimum wage, but believe me, minimum wage is faaaaaar from a living wage, and even when you've got three roommates it's hard to afford groceries for yourself.

dude i work there too and know exactly how you feel.

i know a lot of people think that everyone SHOULD get tipped, but not always. yes, i tip often, but when i take my friends to dinner and the service is shitty, then i don't tip. in fact, less people know this anymore, but tip is an acronym, meaning To Insure Promptness. yes, i tip and i do it often, but i don't do it if they dont deserve it. that being said, i do feel sorry for the OP on this one because not only did he clean up the mess, but made a new one for free. i would have tipped him VERY generously for that, and since that old hag said anything about tipping him anyway, and still didn't do it, then screw her. she'll get what's hers.

Dopehead666 21

Y.D.I for working at Starbucks.

hartbrakekid 0

you are all evil people with no hearts. have some sympathy for this poor person. not saying your poor literally, just saying. well maybe you are cus you wanted to get tipped, but thats besides the point.

Honestly I've never even noticed any tip jars at Starbucks. Isn't it bad enough how ridiculously overpriced the coffee there is? Come on.

EveryDayJackAss 0

keyword is "should" but people these days never really do things they should do.......like WIPE THEIR FUKIN HANDS!!!!!!