Do it then

By Anonymous - 14/08/2009 01:59 - United States

Today, while I was working at Starbucks, a customer spilled her drink all over the counter. After I cleaned up her spill and remade the drink (for free), she exclaimed, "Thanks! I should really tip you!" Then she turned around, walked directly past the tip jar, and left the store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 358
You deserved it 3 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jazzywrites007 2

Run outside. Slap it out of her hand. Run inside. Fyl, honey... =)

It's annoying when people talk about doing something and then don't do it.

Comments

Once, at the restaurant I work at, a customer reached into his pocket, looked at me and said, "here, let me give you a tip." He then proceeded to dump 3 beer caps on the counter, and then walked away laughing. So I kinda feel you on this one. It's not the fact that you feel you deserved a tip, it's just the fact that people can be jerks.

N3VVRmiNd 0

D00d, keyword:"should" but yeah, people are assholes and shouldn't led on people that work their asses off so someone else can enjoy thir day. I appreciate what you do, and I would tip you even if I didn't but anything.

Oh god! I worked at Starbucks too. Some 40 something year old lady spilled a venti hot drink all over the table and the cafe and made a huge mess. I came over with a mop, and she doesn't say sorry like most people. She just turns to me and says, "All in a days work huh?". She turned to her friends and started laughing and talking. I almost slapped her. Mind you this is in California, where most people are real assholes.

gracefulcarwreck 0

I have worked for Starbucks for over 4 years. Can't you people see that this issue is NOT about tipping!? Open your eyes. This is about outright disrespect and indignity. That barista went out of their way for the customer. So fine don't tip... but instead return kindness with rudeness? I have never understood this. And to briefly address the tipping issue. FINE DON'T tip. No one is forcing you. Let me ask you this though.. Would you go to a bar and not tip the bartender? And then keeping coming back to that bar and never tipping? Hmm...

Not really a good FML. I had a friend who worked at Starbucks and teenagers would sneak under the drive-thru window and steal the jar. THAT sucks.

people at coffee shops shouldnt be tipped any more than people at mcdonalds should be tipped.

mowink209 0

I hate customers like that, as I too work at Starbucks

ydi for not knowing how to use the while-clause.