Do it then

By Anonymous - 14/08/2009 01:59 - United States

Today, while I was working at Starbucks, a customer spilled her drink all over the counter. After I cleaned up her spill and remade the drink (for free), she exclaimed, "Thanks! I should really tip you!" Then she turned around, walked directly past the tip jar, and left the store. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 358
You deserved it 3 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jazzywrites007 2

Run outside. Slap it out of her hand. Run inside. Fyl, honey... =)

It's annoying when people talk about doing something and then don't do it.

Comments

Kupokupupo 0

hahaha... sorry but that's pretty funny

While I don't think anyone -deserves- a tip. That was kind of a dick move on her part. She may as well have said "I should give you a *******" and then walked away.

So you did what was expected of you per your job, and your life is ****** because you didn't get a bonus payment for it? YDI for whining.

hecallsmebob 0

#12-- you're an idiot. If you don't tip a waitress because they're not turning tricks for you, only an "average" job, then you're a selfish bastard. Their wages may come out of the money you paid with--but standard waitressing wages are $2.13/hr...sometime you get lucky enough to be somewhere where they will pay you $3 or maybe $4, but any way it goes about it it's pretty damn bad that you can't spare 2 bucks for someone who WON'T make minimum wage without your measly dollar or two. #40-- I always tip people. Period. I tip the hairdresser, the people who give me my food at a fast food place. Thy make minimum wage- so what? What's it going to hurt for me to atleast give them the extra change I probably won't use; and most people don't want. I mean honestly. Most people don't tip at sonic--"they make minimum wage"--ok, and? They still have to deal with all that heat, and just as many customers as regular waitresses do. It's now becoming standard for sonics all over to go to waitress pay, and that's pretty ****** up if you can't give some girl a damn dollar so she can make the same amount of money as everyone else. OP--I'm sorry this happened to you; people are bitches.

Admittedly I don't know how it works in the US, but over here it is ILLEGAL to employ anyone for less than minimum hourly wage, except in some closely regulated circumstances where that would be impractical. As I said, other people earn the same money and for whatever reason it isn't deemed socially necessary to tip them, regardless of the quality of job they're doing.

In two states, its like that. You get Minimum + Tips no matter what. In every other state, you make a tiny hourly, and then your tips make up the difference. You claim them at the end of te night (key them into a computer, etc), and the amount you make has to average out to minimum or better, otherwise they still pay you minimum. Its really confusing if you're not from here.

So, from what I understand, they do still make minimum wage even if nobody ever tips them, because the employer has to make up the difference? If that's correct, it invalidates people's arguments about them not making minimum wage unless people tip.

ohmymg 0

Uh,she said she should REALLY TIP YOU she didnt say she was going to.FYL

iSmellNice 2

ooh, you didn't get an extra dollar. How can you go on?

so you did your job and you're getting paid for it. what's the problem?

Mist of the people on line at Starbucks are so snotty and self-aborbed, why are you surprised?

You know whats really funny about that? The people at starbucks dont even get their tips. They make an extra $.50/hr and the company absorbs them. I have three friends that work at starbucks. They tell their good customers not to bother tipping because of that.

MBrabs1996 22

I also work at Starbucks and this is pretty accurate.