Dyslexics untie!

By Anonymous - 12/02/2021 02:01

Today, after finding out from my psychologist that I have a disability in reading comprehension, I tried to Google how to improve my reading skills. I couldn't understand what any of the articles were saying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 974
You deserved it 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bownload some dooks from Aubidle and histen to them with learbuds.

Accessibility options in windows has a screen reader that might be able to help you with that. I dunno how good it is, but it's probably worth a look at least.

Comments

Bownload some dooks from Aubidle and histen to them with learbuds.

Anzubar 5

reed more book. kid book first, use small word. teen book next, adult books when can use big words.

Accessibility options in windows has a screen reader that might be able to help you with that. I dunno how good it is, but it's probably worth a look at least.

If you can, go see a Speech Language Pathologist, they are professional who can help you with that.

read, when you come to words you don't know google them to understand them. you'll get better with time.

When you read a book, every now and then ask yourself what you think will happen on the next page. After you have thought about it, continue reading until you reach a point where you see whether you were right. Think about whether you were right or wrong, (example “I was totally right that character was the killer! I knew I would be because of these clues!” Or, “I was totally wrong about that character being the killer! What clues did I miss?” Also, after each chapter, or couple of chapters, think back on the main points of the story so far. Do this throughout the book/story. When you finish the whole book or story, write a few sentences (either in your computer or on paper). Pretend you are telling someone about the story as if they have never read it, and you have to tell them enough important things about what the story is about to get them to read it too. These different tasks will help with your reading comprehension, and eventually you will be able to retell the story, main points, etc without effort. Hope this helps!