Crime doesn't pay

By fuck_thisshit - 09/11/2009 10:27 - Australia

Today, we got our results for our final grade English paper on which I worked my butt off on, and also which I let my best-friend copy off from. I received a E- and two detentions for plagiarism. My friend got a A-. All she said was, "Oh well, at least you tried your best". FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 364
You deserved it 54 092

Same thing different taste

Top comments

birds_fml 7

How is she supposed to know who copied who? YDI for letting your friend cheat off you.

mpangz 0

There are E-? Partially YDI, and FYL.

Comments

um how on earth do you copy a final PAPER? YDI.

There is no planet on which this is not a big, fat YDI. Copying math problems - sure. Copying an English assignment? How the hell did you think no one was going to notice??

baby_gurl2405 0

kk for 1) You completely and utterly deserve it for letting that friend copy off you (can anyone say idiot?) 2) How is the teache supposed to know who copied who? (although she/he should have spoken to you both to sort it out, not just assume you copied.) 3) Talk to her/him about it, you dont want to get stuck with plagerism and detentions lying on your school record. and 4) what a frigging stupid thing to do?!?!?! its called telling them no and if they persist... give them a false crap one! TDI for copying anyways

I call bullshit. There isn't such grade of an E-. (is there?)

What the **** is up with all these extremely ignorant Americans? If all these idiots would just look at the previous, yes there IS such thing as an E- grade. Jesus Christ, people, shut the **** up already and get over it D: But, yeah, OP, YDI for having a "friend" copy a /final/ paper. Not to mention she sounds like a bitch for saying that after you let her do so.

Well I have never gotten an E grade because I am not retarded. But that probably makes me an ignorant American, huh? The reason we Americans are so "ignorant" is because we don't care about the letters you are graded in elsewhere. I'm sure you know just as little when it comes to trivial facts about America. Also we could kick your country's ass.

To Crapsickle - bet you anything I know more trivial things about America than you know about Australia. For instance... I know that America's grading system goes ABCDF while you wouldn't have known ours goes ABCDE! I could also tell you the last 4 American presidents, I bet you couldn't tell me the last 4 Australian Prime Ministers. I could also name over 40 (and close to all 50) American states, I bet you couldn't name all 7 Australian states & Territories. Don't go all "how are we suppose to know trivial things about other countries".

Yea but Lilabear, you know that stuff for a reason. America is far more culturally significant in the world scene than Australia. I'm sorry if that's hard for you to hear but it's true. Your response is like you living in the age of the Roman Empire and saying "I know things about Rome, why don't you know about my vastly less important country?" Besides I'm sure you've picked up plenty from movies, which are mostly made in the US, and as far as comparing our presidents to your prime ministers, the US president pretty much has the most political, economic, and military power of any person in the world, whereas Australia's prime minister.... not so much. Sorry but it's true.

Congratulations on knowing all that information about the United States. You must be a genius or something! I hope you can detect my sarcasm. It's hard not to know a lot of stuff about a huge country that's in the news all the time.

star_ver 0

How is an American assuming that the grading system is the same all over the world offensive? If that offends you, you seriously need to man up. (note: I'm not saying it's not STUPID to assume that. But it's definitely not offensive.)

star_ver 0

(Stupid time limit) Also, "It makes American citizens seem like a bunch of idiots." Actually, no. It makes that one idiot seem like an idiot. You know... Unless you're generalizing an entire country based on the comments of one idiot. But you wouldn't do that, you're FAR too intelligent for that. Right? Right???

Carterv 0

There's no such thing as an E. they skip it at every shook I've been too.

clearly you have only lived in America. Don't tell someone they're wrong just because you're not familiar with it.

Don't cheat! And don't end sentences with a preposition!

NDnation44 0

Why would you work your butt off, and then let your friend use the same essay for no work?...your a ******* idiot