Creativity stifled

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was at my psychologist's. We were talking about creative outlets and I told him that I wanted to start playing Dungeons and Dragons again. He starts chuckling, and then says, "Oh, you were serious." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 264
You deserved it 22 425

Top comments

Dungeons and dragons is well good, ignore him and play :)

Why do I feel like smacking OP in the face with the Sceptre of Reality +4?

Comments

How about taking up cooking or baking as your creative outlet. Considering you may be single for a long time, you might want to learn to make your own sandwiches. Gourmet or not lol

BeRealz 0
b1acksharpi3mark 0

32: D&D is a roleplaying game, where you can essentially do whatever the heck you want within the boundaries of the rules, given that your DM is good. In other words, you create your own adventures. It requires much more involvement, thought, and creativity than your average video game to play a fun game of D&D.

I haven't played D&D since early high school, but it's a lot more social and creative than the current crop of video games. For one, you have to physically go and socialise with other people to do it.

KY_Jelly 10

What's wrong with a little D&D? It's a pretty wicked game. It's like a write-your-own-adventure game but with a guide to help you if you prefer. I mean, I understand how some people from this generation might find it weird, but I'm 23 and I love playing. Also, I believe there is an online download version of the game. Here's some exciting action taken straight out of a game I recently played:

KY_Jelly 10

Sorry, It cut off the rest of my comment. Dungeon Master: You enter a empty room with tapestries on the wall. Knight: Is there anything behind the tapestries? DM: No. Knight: Is there anything on the ceiling? DM: No. Knight: Is there anything underneath the floorboards? DM: Yes. Knight: Really! What is it? DM: An unidentifiable potion. Would you like to drink it? Knight: Hell yes! DM: Nothing happens. Knight: Bummer.

redpil=FAIL D&D is pen and paper. It's only expanded onto the virtual platform in recent years.

It can be a creative outlet but there are stereotypes associated with the game, but Vin Diesal plays, so there goes that stereotype.

Hey, if u like it, then play it. Who cares what ur therapist says, or what I say (personally I dislike dungeons and dragons), life is short, enjoy it while u can. If u r that unhappy by ur therapist's remarks, get a new one. However I would suggest doing a more productive hobby, like piano plying or sailing :)