Creativity stifled

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was at my psychologist's. We were talking about creative outlets and I told him that I wanted to start playing Dungeons and Dragons again. He starts chuckling, and then says, "Oh, you were serious." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 264
You deserved it 22 425

Top comments

Dungeons and dragons is well good, ignore him and play :)

Why do I feel like smacking OP in the face with the Sceptre of Reality +4?

Comments

metaldeth 0

Its D&D! fighting with the legends of yore! its D&D! never kissed a lady before!

VintageDoll 0

Seriously, ignore the A-holes. #49 makes a GREAT point. Obviously, people like to poke fun at D&D becasue they dont know what they are talking about. Its not anything to be ashamed or embarrased of, you know? It's totally time consuming, takes brain power to even be a DM and in all honesty, its fun. I never wanted to play with my dad and sister b/cof how my mom made fun of it, but now that i look back, im glad i caved, as a kid it helped me with math and made me flex my brain to multitask. Its almost like, being the character in a book that someone else is writing. Its an amazing way to spend your time, and its totally a creative outlet. and let me just say, i mock my BF (of three years. he mocks me as well) b/c he chooses the slob mans version...WoW. (im just sayin, its the cheap and easy way. ) The fact that your into the REAL thing, is cool. And I dig it :) Do whatcha wanna. If thats where you have fun, ****** go for it. Anyone who talks shit is wayy too intersted in being immature. At least you know where you stand, and that your smart enough to be a DM :)

VintageDoll 0

@ #88 hot girls like smart guys. getch your hands outt your pants.

I've been playing WoW for 18 years Sø stfu gtfo and trololol

you might as well give up on going to therapy. apparently it's nit working for you. you're wasting your money and the therapists tine that could be spent on someone that not all hope had been lost.

rusrsbrah 0

try music or art. something actually PRODUCTIVE. A stupid ass table top or mmo is not productive. it takes away your social skills and free time. I play drums for a band, and I go to shows and meet new people. it allows me to express myself, and girls typically find drummers VERY attractive. it also makes me good with my hands. which women also enjoy. it also tones my upper body. I have a sense of beat which allows me to be able to dance pretty well. there are countless things it does for me. D&D does nothing for you. try a REAL creative outlet.

How would you like someone to trash your hobby or passion? There's good points and bad points about all hobbies. You meet ppl, but how many do you actually get to know for real? With table top games you get to create actual relationships with ppl. That's just one example. I would much rather spend a night with good friends creating a great story then meeting ppl I'll never see again or care about. (Unfortunately I've never played but only because I feel I don't have the time to commit to the game to play it seriously) You should think a little more before you speak. The things you point out are stupid. Waste your free time? Free time is FREE TIME to do WHAT YOU ENJOY! You should read some of the comments above if you really think people don't express themselves in their characters and their stories. I'm a girl and I find geeky guys much more attractive then drummers who I "typically" see as irresponsible party ppl who will wonder why they didn't get anywhere in life when their music dreams fall through. Drummers can be replaced, it's really only the singers and the writers who are essential to music. How does trashing your passion feel? Do what you like and makes you feel good and stop trashing other ppl's passions.

roachan 4

why so many 'ydi its'? The OP shouldn't be judged by his hobby. Get a new, less judging shrink. As for versus WoW, it is also socially better. I've had various social problems, and playing D&D and other TCG's has really helped. a lot. It's, as numerous people have said, is also a creative outlet if done right. and an excellent one at that.