Creativity stifled

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was at my psychologist's. We were talking about creative outlets and I told him that I wanted to start playing Dungeons and Dragons again. He starts chuckling, and then says, "Oh, you were serious." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 264
You deserved it 22 425

Top comments

Dungeons and dragons is well good, ignore him and play :)

Why do I feel like smacking OP in the face with the Sceptre of Reality +4?

Comments

Tell them you upgraded the ds to ts because explosives are always more fun.

I played D&D for 8 years. I met some amazing people who have become long-time, firm friends. Its also helped me gain confidence and expanded my imagination. I also have a thousand stories to tell, that entertain people who have both played the game and those who have no idea what its about. So what if it's a little nerdy? That never stopped me and to be honest, its not hindered my love life either. Personally, if I ever met a guy who liked D&D, it would definitely be a plus in my books :) Don't let some stupid stereotypes put you off stuff. And also, I'd get a new psychologist. Your current one seems very unprofessional. Hope he didn't put you off!

I'm sorry! I accidentally hit YDI (I'm really tired). You don't deserve that at all! Especially from a therapist who is supposed to be constructive! Nothing wrong with games like D&D. FYL, OP.

warriorkalia 3

@97 Congrats, you can seduce a good portion of the female populace through doing absolutely nothing productive. I fail to see how being a drummer is at all attractive, being that you can easily be replaced with a machine and very little will have been lost. D&D is a collaborative system for story creation. I confess myself surprised that you of all people would deride the benefits of collaborative creativity.

D&D is awesome! My boyfriend and I play it together in a group. How is going to a club and getting shitfaced a "cool" thing to do? People are morons I guess.

I play D&D and don't expect regular people to take me seriously when I talk about it because it's essentially the go-to nerd joke. You deserve it for being so sensitive.

It's his psychologist, they are supposed to be supportive and helpful, not judgemental just because they don't enjoy the activity themselves. OP isn't being sensitive, they have every right to be upset at their psychologist for being unprofessional.

awildwhisper 30