Congratulations

By GiannyLuv - 27/08/2021 20:01

Today, I was supposed to be a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding. Instead, I'm bedridden with the effects of fibromyalgia. When I called my friend to let her know I wouldn't be making it, her response was, "Can't you get fiber-malgia some other time and hurry the fuck up and come? This place charges by the hour." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 168
You deserved it 179

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think we found the way to beat Covid (and all other diseases.) We just re-schedule the onset of the disease until they come up with a cure, and then, bada-bing, bada-boom, fix the problem right away. Hopefully your friend will share some of that sweet Nobel cash she's sure to win!

You don’t understand what Fibromyalgia is like. It can be absolutely excruciating. Agonizing. It wreaks havoc on your back, shoulders, joints, and neck. It’s hard to think. It often makes you so fatigued that you can barely keep your eyes open. I’m sincerely sorry that have horrible headaches, but maybe you should do at least a tiny bit of research on a medical condition before judging people.

Comments

I think we found the way to beat Covid (and all other diseases.) We just re-schedule the onset of the disease until they come up with a cure, and then, bada-bing, bada-boom, fix the problem right away. Hopefully your friend will share some of that sweet Nobel cash she's sure to win!

elsa1100 7

Hahahaha yea that’s true xx

Your friend is a damn ignorant ****, in case she doesn't know. And ouch, OP. Hope it will get at least bearable, if not completely better.

As a person with a permanent cluster headache condition, I understand your pain. However, using it as an excuse to not attend a one-time event for your friend's wedding is kinda ****** up. If I was in a friend's wedding, it would take more than severe pain to stop me from going. I do agree that your friend is quite callous, though.

You don’t understand what Fibromyalgia is like. It can be absolutely excruciating. Agonizing. It wreaks havoc on your back, shoulders, joints, and neck. It’s hard to think. It often makes you so fatigued that you can barely keep your eyes open. I’m sincerely sorry that have horrible headaches, but maybe you should do at least a tiny bit of research on a medical condition before judging people.

I think you need to do some research on cluster headaches before you decide someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Cluster headaches are worse pain than migraines and they occur very frequently. They're also quite rare, only affecting 1 in 1000 people. The pain of it is considered worse than child birth, kidney stones, or even being shot with a gun. It is generally considered some of, if not, the worst pain a human can experience. I know everything there is to know about fibromyalgia and there's zero excuse for not attending, regardless of your pain tolerance level. However, their friend should be understanding.

And on top of that, not everyone’s pain tolerance is the same. What one person can still function with may be enough to put someone else out of commission for a while.

indiemusicnerdgirl 20

I have fibromyalgia too and I'm so sorry you have been in pain. As well as your friend isn't more understanding. I'm sure you feel horrible for missing her big day. But **** anyone who says to just suck it up.