By thanksforthat - 10/01/2013 23:11 - United States - Tunkhannock

Today, I went to the hospital with stomach pains. I found out I have mono, as well as a ruptured ovarian cyst, which may need surgery. I called my best friend for support, only for her to drunkenly yell at me for not being at her party, and that this could have waited till a better time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 324
You deserved it 3 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How dare you be so rude as to let your ovary rupture on the night your friend has a party! Besides aren't shots of Bacardi the ultimate mono cure!?

You need better friends, OP. So sorry, that's gotta be rough. :/

Comments

You need better friends, OP. So sorry, that's gotta be rough. :/

If they are extremely painful and persistent? It could be a number of things from a blockage to a ruptured apendix.

N3766 20

Her friend was drunk, I wouldn't expect so much from drunk people to understand her situation... Just saying.

She probably just didn't understand what her friend meant, or the seriousness of it, being drunk at a party and all.

chlorinegreen 27

You definitely need new friends especially if you're going through surgery since you'll need support. I had a ovarian cyst rupture and had surgery. The meds to take the pain away gave my itchy rashes all over my face which turned to scabs. Other then that if wasn't too bad. I was in and out of the hospital within 24 hrs.

When you're drunk, you do stupid things, would you expect anymore from someone who's hammered? Not a bad friend, just pretty drunk.

SharnaaaBanana 22

Even if her friend was drunk shed still have a fair amount of control over what she said, especially since she managed to pick up her phone. She mightn't have understood the situation but even then it hardly gives an excuse for the way she reacted.

Since OP's friend was drunk at the time I don't know if that's a fair assumption since she obviously wasn't comprehending the severity of the situation at that time.

And also she's at a party if there's music playing maybe she couldn't hear her. So then all that leaves is she's sad her friend couldn't come to a party and mad at her for leaving her hanging. (But hey I'm just playing devils advocate)

I wouldn't expect more from a drunk friend

How dare you be so rude as to let your ovary rupture on the night your friend has a party! Besides aren't shots of Bacardi the ultimate mono cure!?

Agreed. You need to get you priorities straight

beddington 7

Is she's the one that gave you mono? If so, a curtesy "hey you gave me mono." call was required. She should be grateful.

Of course she's the one who gave her mono. I mean, who doesn't party when they're sick?

Actually the signs of mono don't crop up until around a month after contracting it. Her friend could've already had and gotten it taken care of before OP saw signs.

'Best friend'? I'm sorry OP but maybe you should reconsider calling her that.

Mf2307 15

i thought the same thing myself its not her fault she had a cyst and mono

Gosh op! How could you be so totally inconsiderate, it's not like your life depends on it or nothing..

ThePsyche 9

You're so right, OP is such a selfish bitch it's unbelievable. Leaving her friend all by her lonesome to drink and all. How inconsiderate OP!

Yeah when if i were OP i would wait until their friend is fatally sick and asking me to bring them medicine i shall say "Now is not the time"

Sorry op, but it's not like your friend thought before she spoke... She was drunk. Tell when she's more sober lol. FYL

Drunk words are sober thoughts. Her "best friend" seems like a selfish bitch.

Spit in her drink and punch her in the ovaries so she can feel the pain

melacortez 11

I hope your better ! You need better friends