Clumsy

By IHateBagels - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I was cutting a bagel, only to slice the back of my hand with the knife. As I grabbed paper towels to clean up the blood, I noticed that the bagel was pre-sliced. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 080
You deserved it 82 421

Top comments

how did you manage to cut the back of your hand? were you using it as a cutting board?

xjbearx 0

wow, sorry but that's really a blond moment. and yeah, if you somehow managed to slice the BACK of your hand, maybe you shouldn't be using a knife...

Comments

how did you manage to cut the back of your hand? were you using it as a cutting board?

Your_Shadow 0
mahimalil 0

Stupid Stupid Stupid OP !!!! LOL !!!!

You realize that the proper form of "your" in this context is "you're", proving that you are, in fact, the stupid one, not the OP. Dipshit

FML_HelloItsMe 15
kellster 2

And this, my friend, is why you invest in the Bagel Buddy: http://www.ezeewrap.com/order/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6&zenid=a026967dbe346b9b8244fb4722e6f06d

xjbearx 0

wow, sorry but that's really a blond moment. and yeah, if you somehow managed to slice the BACK of your hand, maybe you shouldn't be using a knife...

I can see how you cut the back on your hand. you were holding the bagel horizontally, and you were cutting towards the hand holding the bagel, and i guess the bagel was really hard so as you were pressing hard, the knife slid on top of the bagel all the way to your other hand where it sliced the top. I dunno if my description is correct, or if all the others commenting can imagine it well, but I just felt like I needed to explain, cuz others just have no imagination.

I can see how a person would do this, but at the same time, that's precisely the opposite of how you're supposed to use a knife. If you're doing any sort of carving or slicing like this, you're supposed to slice away from your hand just to prevent that.

I'm with #6, I could see that happening. But how do you not notice a bagel is pre-sliced?

maybe he was using his left hand to hold it down, who the hell cuts anything with their palms facing up? i sure as hell don't

yeahreally 6

i sliced my thumb open once when i was cutting an english muffin, i was so embarrassed i hid it from my dad because he always lectured me on how sharp the knife was..