Close call

By MC - 14/05/2009 14:11 - Canada

Today, while working at a children's day camp, one of the kids who is allergic to peanuts went into anaphylactic shock. I ran and grabbed the boy's Epipen. I was holding it backwards so the injection went into my hand, causing me to pass out, and both of us to be rushed to hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 629
You deserved it 56 830

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kellster 2

Not panicking is a good thing. Also, paying attention during the first aid training. And it's "epi pen", for the record.

Too bad you can't spell anything else....

Comments

katyokaty 0

Wow, you guys are so harsh. One would think that the majority of you NEVER make mistakes. But I doubt that...you are likely so fed up with yourselves, sitting alone in your parents' basements getting off on being bullies over the net when in real life, you are fumbling, loveless dorks that no one wants to be around. Remember this the next time your parent's are angry with you, the next time your boss passes you over for a raise, the next time a girl/boy rejects you. They see the real you. You have to break someone down, you have to slaughter to feel anything at all.

This is a really common mistake by the way.. all you assholes that said he deserved it.. He probably administered it perfectly correctly otherwise but it's really hard to tell the top from the bottom when you're in a rush.

katyokaty 0

Wow, you guys are so harsh. One would think that the majority of you NEVER make mistakes. But I doubt that...you are likely so fed up with yourselves, sitting alone in your parents' basements getting off on being bullies over the net when in real life, you are fumbling, loveless dorks that no one wants to be around. Remember this the next time your parent's are angry with you, the next time your boss passes you over for a raise, the next time a girl/boy rejects you. They see the real you. You have to break someone down, you have to slaughter to feel anything at all.

sucks to be shot in the thumb but really? it's a pretty simple process....take out of case, pull off gray cap...stab in thigh... also if you took off the cap then you should know which end to stab....it's also spring-loaded...therefore pretty hard to do wrong....i smell b.s.

I admire your quick thinking and attempt to save the boy, but you should have kept your cool and not panic next time!

anaphylaxis is a serious issue. you are pretty dumb...if you dont know how to use an epi pen why the hell would you even try to help? the kid could've died. it only takes a few minutes for the throat to close up completely. next time let a trained person do it.

franko_fml 0

you dont deserve to work at a childrens day camp

palmtrees 1

really, #116/118? Because you're not "beating up" anyone here by calling them loveless dorks that no one wants to be around? People saying that the OP acted stupidly in this situation aren't saying he or she is a terrible person, just that he/she really did screw up in this situation. And for the record, I don't live in my parents' basement.

Zpecial26 0

FAIL Did you film it? It should be on youtube by now...

star_ver 0

Epi Pen. Epi is short for epinephrine. Also, **** the kid's life.