Close call

By Purple - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Fremont

Today, my dad told me that my mom wanted to name me something "unusual." He eventually got her to compromise. I go by Violet. I now know that my legal name is Purple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 833
You deserved it 2 992

Same thing different taste

Comments

Could have been worse! Your name could be Nevaeh.

My dad was wanting to name me Willy P. Lunchmeat on a real level! My mom and grandmal had a fit and flipped out on him for it...... He was serious so OP it could be way worse!

middlenamefrank 8

Change it. It's not hard to do. Since everybody already calls you Violet, it seems much more appropriate anyhow.

My friend's mom knew someone named Fruitstand. They were named this after the place they were conceived. At least your name isn't a constant reminder of your conception.

Well it is unusual and I like the name Violet so it's not that bad, my name is Denver...now that's a weird name...but I like it :)

That's actually kind of an awesome name, why not be proud of it? Wear all purple every day and tell people that yes, you are named Purple, what's it to 'em?

They go by Violet for a reason. Purple is a little to out there for a human name, it's even weird for an animal.

I'm sorry OP! but hey at least the color Purple is associsted with royalty. and this is one of the few FMLs to make me laugh out loud

People really need to save the out there names for pets.

CaroAurelia 12

Violet is a LOVELY name, and hey, purple is my favorite color.