Christmas motivation?

By runfattyrun - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - Australia - Abbotsford

Today, I got a gym membership for Christmas, from 3 different people. I think my family's trying to tell me something. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 777
You deserved it 1 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

neuronerd 28

Then choose the gym you like best (assuming they're for different ones) and get going! I know it may feel like an insult right now, but try to put those feelings aside. I finally got serious about my workouts last year, and I feel so much better mentally and physically, and also lost 30 lbs.

As rude as it might seem, hopefully they have your best interests at heart. I'm very overweight myself & currently broke as a joke so I'd appreciate a gym membership. If you're like me, maybe look on the bright side; they care? But if you're a healthy weight, remember you can never be too healthy. & if you have the money for a gym membership just think, you got it for free. Saving money is always a win.

Comments

species4872 19

They just want you out of the house so they can raid your food.

With the two extras, you can get gym buddies. Of course, you're going to have to tell them they are fat and out of shape.

drayloon 50

They're clearly trying to tell you they don't coordinate their gifts well

As rude as it might seem, hopefully they have your best interests at heart. I'm very overweight myself & currently broke as a joke so I'd appreciate a gym membership. If you're like me, maybe look on the bright side; they care? But if you're a healthy weight, remember you can never be too healthy. & if you have the money for a gym membership just think, you got it for free. Saving money is always a win.

I am probably going to get thumbed down, but let me just say it: If you are fat, and everybody knows you are fat, and even you know you are fat... Then why don't you just exercise? You seriously should. Laziness is not a good habit. If you exercise hard and then, after- say- 3 months of hard exercise (combining both sprinting 3x a week, weightlifting 3-4x per week , and longer endurance activities such as a 2 mile run or a 400 meter swim at least 2x a week but not more than 4x a week at most) you still cannot lose the weight? Then in THAT case, okay, you can claim you "just have a thyroid problem" or "are big boned" or whatever the problem is. BUT, until you actually exercise hard for at least 3 months and eat right? Then the ONLY EXCUSE you have that is valid, is that you are just simply too darned lazy to do something about it. And that's sad. Being fit leads to a higher IQ, better brain health, better organ health, longer life, more energy and happiness. Why not just do it?

I like how you know everything about OP's life just based off this fml

what if op was an actual reasonable size, but her family are dicks and can be that weird family that thinks like a size 10 or 8 is super fat. I have a friend's mom like that.

I LITERALLY SAID that if she has a medical condition, I dont blame them, but I recommend TRYING to exercise and eat right before calling it quits. You two literally have no reason to be complaining about my answer, except bitter laziness. Yikes.

Gym memberships are crazy expensive. Clearly they love you a lot.

FYL indeed, fat shaming has got to stop! So what if you are overweight, is it upsetting you, is it impacting on your health? I'm tired of the attitudes of well meaning adults, that in fact are giving eating disorders to the next generation. In NSW (where I also live) it's one in 5 teenagers have a serious eating disorder. Needing to be hospitalised etc I know my reply isn't funny ( sorry my light hearted FML community). And before people disagree with my comments, please consider them and that I'm a fully qualified health professional in this field with years of experience.

one is just pure luck, 2 is a coincidence and 3.. well you better heed theyre warnings