Chill the **** out, Todd

By itsdezzz - 09/03/2016 23:43 - United States - Hatfield

Today, I noticed a customer looking for expired products in hopes of receiving a coupon from my store. I told them to let me know if they found anything. They promptly began following me around, telling me how to do my job, only to later file a complaint saying that I was harassing them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 590
You deserved it 1 366

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You work in retail ? That's pretty much an automatic FYL. Hang in there, OP!

What a madman! Good for you trying to be friendly though - hopefully your boss saw straight through his/her accusation.

Comments

_ravens_ 11

These types of people are the scum of humanity

Does your store have security footage? If your boss tries to give you a hard time about the complaint ask him to look at the security footage which should show YOU being harassed by the customer.

As someone who also works in retail and has had complaints filed about me for stupid reasons like this, I feel your pain. Luckily the managers talk to us before taking the complaint seriously because they know how the people are.

Geckosrock99 33

Most stores have security cameras. Instead of this whole he said/she said nonsense, your boss should check them. If he doesn't have cameras in his shop or is too busy to check them, he should listen to your side of the story as well. Too many people forget that there are three sides to every story: His side, her side, and the truth. I hope everything works out for you, OP.

Oh man retail has to suck. I find expired products all the time but i dont ask for coupons. If its something dangerous (like medicine and longer than a few months) i take it with me to the counter and let them know they should check the shelf for more. Help not hinder people!!

They have too much time on their hands.

My last comment got disappeared, probably for linking... but, have you seen the site "Customers Suck"? You probably should check it out.

yip, will do anything for a free coupon, free item, free anything really