Childfree

By Anonymous - 17/08/2015 08:33 - United States

Today, after hearing the doctor saying my girlfriend can never be pregnant, I got a bit too excited. I'm currently on the 5th hour of the silent treatment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 698
You deserved it 42 877

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get a vasectomy if you don't want children. Sympathize with your girlfriend because learning of infertility can be devastating for some.

Well I would say that you deserved it but you already know that.

Comments

Delsanity 13

YDI. It's your gf and you should care more about her feelings rather than be thinking about sex only.

5FDPmetalhead 17

You should prepare to be single. That was harsh

You're lucky it's only silent treatment .

FalloutScrolls 25

You deserve it, you insensitive prick! Even if you don't want children, that kind of news can be completely shattering. I sympathize with your girlfriend.

SuicideBoobies88 11

I'm pretty sure you're a horrible person.

Learn some tact, why don't you? How do you think that would make your girlfriend feel? Even my aunt, who didn't want anymore children, was upset at having to get a hysterectomy. It's a sensitive issue for a lot of people.

As a female who did a happy dance when I found out I was sterile, I wouldn't fret too much. She'll either get over it, or you move on to greener pastures.

Well, amazingly, not everybody is the same as you. I'd be absolutely gut-wrenched if I found out I could never get pregnant. Please have some sympathy.

corky1992 33

Not being able to have kids of your own isn't something you can "just get over" if it's something you've always wanted. For a majority of women this is life shattering news.

Be careful just the same! I was taking a medicine for a long time that had side effects of possible subfertility, but I'm taking every form of birth control I can get my hands on (including abstinence) just in case.

I wish I was sterile. I'd be okay to have kids maybe one day, but I don't ever want to be pregnant and birth a kid. I seriously am so against it for very personal reasons. A year and a half ago I had a pregnancy scare, and I told my boyfriend if I couldn't get an abortion I would kill myself. And honestly, it's 100% likely I would have done something harmful to myself to get it out. And yes, I do sympathise for people like OP's girlfriend. I wish I could give my fertility to them.

It'd be nice if it were a transferable commodity, wouldn't it? I'd pay money to have someone take mine. :(