By sadface - 03/02/2010 11:58 - France

Today, I found out that I'm not actually pregnant. I've apparently been having a hysterical pregnancy because I want a child so badly. I don't know which was worse, the look of relief on my husband's face or having to send a mass email to inform my family and friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 052
You deserved it 9 096

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, that really sucks... I remember having to tell everyone there wasn't a baby (but in my case it was a miscarriage). Have you guys tried a fertility clinic? Also, hysterical pregnancy doesn't mean she's a nutjob. She really wants a baby (and some women who don't experience it, as well) so it's not really weird for her to experience this, if she was hoping for it.

TrekkieGirl 0

@ #1, I agree. OP, why the heck would you have already told family and friends that you're expecting if you clearly hadn't gotten a test done? Most people wait a few months before saying anything. Also, if you're husband is relieved that you are not pregnant, that should tell you he's not ready to have kids. Which you shouldn't ignore! There is more to life than having kids. Find a hobby, because your fixation with having a baby is just unhealthy.

Comments

I feel like I know the person who posted this...

TrekkieGirl 0

@ #1, I agree. OP, why the heck would you have already told family and friends that you're expecting if you clearly hadn't gotten a test done? Most people wait a few months before saying anything. Also, if you're husband is relieved that you are not pregnant, that should tell you he's not ready to have kids. Which you shouldn't ignore! There is more to life than having kids. Find a hobby, because your fixation with having a baby is just unhealthy.

connorpwns93 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Reyo 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Reyo, it actually sounds like sound advice. If it is important not to ignore the fact that her husband is not ready for kids, then it follows that it is important for "a-baby-desperate-OP" to realize that there is more to life than having kids at this moment. There is nothing contradictory about that at all.

the look of relief on your husband's face? well thank god you're not actually pregnant, he's obviously not ready! having a child needs the commitment of both the mother and the father, if he was relieved you're not actually pregnant, then you need to talk to him about it, and take his feelings into consideration. only have a child when you're BOTH ready

how is that contradictory? Her husband isn't ready to have kids and she wants them so desperately. So don't ignore the fact that her husband doesn't want kids yet and do something else in life first cause there's more to life than just having kids.

itsashleybitch 0

I wouldn't go all out and say there's more to life than having kids because when you get married you enjoy married life for a bit but then you want a little someone to add more love and joy to your life. all I'm saying is talk to your husband and ask when he thinks he'll be ready to have a baby. plan it out so it doesn't take you and your husband by surprise but next time wait until your sure it's actually true.

#156 google "hysterical pregnancy," it is a real condition. And FYI, CSI is one of the fakest shows out there. About 70% or more of the techniques and technology they use isn't even real, they just do it for the audience so it looks cool.

It can be pretty convincing. When your stomach starts to grow, you start to lactate, develop pregnancy symptoms etc. it's hard to doubt you're pregnant. Not only do you feel pregnant but you look it as well. OP definately does not deserve it. And on rare occassions tests could be wrong.

magnetic_aura 26

#131 - "Hysterical pregnancy" won't test positive in a urine test. So, I'm guessing she didn't test before alerting her family, etc.

050294 0

My god, I feel bad for you OP! I'm sure he was sighing due to the stress of a new baby, not not having it. (double negative :3) FYL

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
050294 0

Haha, go **** yourself. :3 If you think the population is too high, sphinx, become a virgin and never spread any of your seed. By the way, you fail at trolling.

lickmyjock 0

your mom shoulda swallowed you spinx

dingdong666 0

Actually population is not too high. it's just high in some places and there's still plenty of places left on the world to live

spinx YOU'RE pathetic for being so ignorant

050294 0

I know what trolling is. I troll from time to time.

drunastunamazing 0

haha and also um 7 months prego get over it!

The over-population issue isn't just a matter of space but of resources. There are plenty of places in the world with tons of land but no fresh water. Not to mention we need to leave space for other animals, forests, farms, etc. People who believe there isn't an over-population problem are the ignorant ones.

uriel538 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't see how I can possibly sound more ignorant than you. Instead of having facts to support your opinion you'd have my family and I killed? So fine let's rule out the fact that we aren't the only life on Earth, because being so selfish isn't ignorant in the least. I mean seriously look up some stats on the current shortages of food, clean water, etc. Then when you can defend yourself with more than swear words and death threats we can have a real conversation about why you're still dead wrong. Ok? Gooood. 

tprankd 0

Trolling really isn't the same anymore. I miss the good days of modnaR d

serendipitiousne 0

Are you one of those freaks who daydreams about ovulating women? ;P By the way, buddy, it's "temperature". Stay in school, kids.

serendipitiousne 0

Haha I got it. Nvm it's you deserve it.

soo your an idiot. maybe u should die to help to population.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

she's not a nutjob for wanting a baby or thinking she's pregnant my gran had a hysterical prgnancy wen she was younger and she didn't even want a baby but it was 6 months before the doctors realised and she had to give birth to litrally a large clump of cells because the egg had implanted and developed then again that was "back in the day" before ultrasound ect anyway bad luck, keep trying :)

lovelylittleme 0

Aww, that really sucks... I remember having to tell everyone there wasn't a baby (but in my case it was a miscarriage). Have you guys tried a fertility clinic? Also, hysterical pregnancy doesn't mean she's a nutjob. She really wants a baby (and some women who don't experience it, as well) so it's not really weird for her to experience this, if she was hoping for it.

GreenFlove 0

my fiace miscarried around a month ago so i understand how you and him kinda both feel, i know being a man i could never understand the emotional attachment, but it did still hurt... and there was no sigh of relief for me, she was 5 months pregnant and we had already picked out name... but in the begining i was scarred shitless. give your man a break, I was very freaked when i heard the news but came to love the thought of being a father, in the begining i thought having a chilled would ruin my fun, not allow me to go chill with friends whenever i wanted. it takes alot for a guy to change. and if he didn't think he was ready he would have been even more scarred. FML also

@ 112 *Takes a deep breath* *My, *fiancee, *I, *I, *I, *names, *beginning, *I, *scared, *Give, *break./break;/break - , *I, *news, but, *father. *In, *beginning, *I, *child, *I, *It, *a lot, *-and, *If, scared. I hope your future "chilled" doesn't inherit your (lack of) English skills. OP, YDI for being that desperate to have a kid, and you REALLY deserve it for telling people before you knew for sure. Who the hell does that? Not to mention your selfishness. Your hubby isn't ready to have kids and you're like "OMG I'M PREGNANT YAY!!!!!" F HIS life for having a selfish, inconsiderate, and overly excitable wife.

You obviously don't know what the term 'hysterical pregnancy' means. The symptoms of pseudocyesis are similar to the symptoms of true pregnancy and are often hard to distinguish from it. Such natural signs as amenorrhoea, morning sickness, tender breasts, and weight gain may all be present. Many health care professionals can be deceived by the symptoms associated with pseudocyesis. Research shows that 18% of women with pseudocyesis were at one time diagnosed as pregnant by medical professionals. The hallmark sign of pseudocyesis that is common to all cases is that the affected patient is convinced that she is pregnant. Abdominal distension is the most common physical symptom of pseudocyesis (60–90%). The abdomen expands in the same manner as it does during pregnancy, so that the affected woman looks pregnant. These symptoms often resolve under general anesthesia and the woman's abdomen returns to its normal size. Maybe her husband never really said he didn't want children. Or maybe they've discussed it before, but right now was just a bad time for it.

Sun_Kissed18 25

Thanks you #176, I came on here just to say to all the people "YDI for not making sure!" that they probably DID make sure that she was pregnant, but the tests came out positive, thats the whole point of Hysterical pregnancy

He's sitting there relating about his fiancé's miscarriage, and you're making fun of him for something as superfluous as GRAMMAR? That's just awful.

@174: That's a weird way to say "I'm an inconsiderate bitch with a stick up my ass", but to each their own.

uriel538 0

sphinx ur an a hole. if the population is that bad kill yourself and make the world better. as for the poster I sympathize with you but honestly I have 2 kids and they are a handful... they aren't that great, but what do I know... you will have some eventually and you'll see what I am talking about. good luck

"if the population is that bad kill yourself and make the world better" hahahaha, true.

dudeitsdanny 9

Your kids would kill themelves if they saw this. Their own parent saying they're not that great. Please join sphinx and relieve your kids.

uriel538 0

I meant it as it's not as grand and magical as Hollywood makes it seem. it's rough an a strain financially but I love my kids and don't regret having them... but like I said... not as great and fun as I thought it would be

dudeface 1

"Kill yourself and make the world better" So glad people with viewpoints like yours have managed to breed. Ugh.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You would never know if she would have twins. Your comment is pointless and you obviously know nothing about sexual reproduction. When I see your comment, it shows me how much the public school system and the internet have failed you.

#5, it's not that she can't get pregnant it's that she had herself believeing she was. I am so sorry OP, that is bizzare!

drunastunamazing 0

thank you so much. I kept seein that from everyone and I'm new to this app

drunastunamazing 0

that's relieving haha I'm just glad I didn't have some mean person tell me haha

drunastunamazing 0

haha yea that's so true! well thank u!

cookies_for_you 0

how about you don't tell everyone you're pregnant until you know for sure? go to the doctors and get a blood test to check before you go around telling everyone.

bittersweetheart 0

In her case a blood test might show that she was pregant. her body would up the hormones. Her body thinks its haveing too not just her mind.

lmaoatyourlife 0

Why don't you do some research on hysterical pregnancies before you start judging, then you would realise that doctors even diagnose these pregnancies. It's no one's fault, these things happen. FYL OP, thats really awful :(

Isn't it customary to tell people at 10 weeks? And surely you would have seen a doctor before 10 weeks if you were following tradition? If you have gone around telling people you were pregnant when you hadn't had it confirmed, you deserve the embarrassment.

icadragoon 11

Some people can't because of lifes complications. when I became pregnant I had to tell people at 5 weeks because if I didn't my whole family would have found out from a girl I used to be friends with (I'm from a small town). Normally people wait till after the 1st trimester (first 3 months) because the risk of miscarrage is lower.  

drunastunamazing 0

hummm I hve never heard of these traditions....that's really cool though and smart. I told everyone at first month "/ either way I'm still hving a healthy pregnancy and I'm goin on 7 months and 3 weeks! :D

I don't the OP deserves ANY embarrassment. She's in a tough position right now. I'm sure she was just excited at the thought of being pregnant and jumped the gun to tell everyone right away and was extremely upset to find out that she was wrong. I'm sure it won't be embarrassing when her friends and family talk to her about it and realize how upset she really is. She doesn't deserve embarrassment at all.

the only way to tell a difference between a hysterical pregnancy and a viable pregnancy is an ultrasound... some places do not do early ultrasounds