Change my mind

By Anonymous - 27/01/2022 01:59

Spicy
Today, my wife and I had zero interest in being parents, so she's on the pill and I always wear a condom, but now, with my vasectomy less than a week away, she somehow got pregnant and decides she wants to keep it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 521
You deserved it 379

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If she’s on the pill and you actually use a condom, are you sure it’s yours? It’s possible, but unlikely. Or maybe she was having second thoughts about not having kids and took matters into her own hands before your vasectomy?

Congrats on having such strong unstoppable sperm that cannot be denied! That's the only feasible explanation of how your wife got pregnant. The only other possible explanation is a long shot: Immaculate Conception. Otherwise, I can think of no other way!

Comments

If she’s on the pill and you actually use a condom, are you sure it’s yours? It’s possible, but unlikely. Or maybe she was having second thoughts about not having kids and took matters into her own hands before your vasectomy?

Condoms and Birth control together are never a grantee. one should always pull out as well avoid that. But really, she could have fished the condom out of the trash and got the nut that way. situation almost happened to Drake

Congrats on having such strong unstoppable sperm that cannot be denied! That's the only feasible explanation of how your wife got pregnant. The only other possible explanation is a long shot: Immaculate Conception. Otherwise, I can think of no other way!

Well, obviously OP being endowed with the legendary power of the drill-headed sperm is the most likely explanation. Occam's razor and all that.

I’ve got 2 children and 2 grandchildren, and I assure you, I’m still not ready for kids. But I got thru it and so can you.

sounds a lot like you got tricked. a huge discussion is in order

The chances of both using the pill and a condom every time resulting in a pregnancy are very slim - Not quite zero but very slim. There is a significant chance someone is lying. Are you sure wife was taking the pill regularly? Are you sure you never went without a condom thinking wife was on the pill? I assume you know there is a non-zero chance you are not the biological father. I would advise paternity testing as early as practical. If you waited until years later to find out, you would still be liable for child support if you got divorced even if you were not the biological father. That’s because if you raise a child in your marriage as your own child then you have effectively adopted that child - At least that’s the way it is the USA.

violet_avuli 6

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. While we always wanted to have children, my health was a big concern, so we took the dr recommend precautions. We used condoms, though admittedly forgot once or twice in the 10 years we have been together, and I also took birth control. I had gotten incredibly sick. 4 months of pneumonia... so many different rounds of steroids and antibiotics. things you wouldn't think can interfere with the effectiveness of the pill, but they do. I finally recovered from the pneumonia, but was still feeling ill and there was a painful lump in my stomach. I went in because I was sure it was a tumor. The dr told me that I was pregnant. Pregnancy hadn't even crossed my mind as a possibility Uh... that's impossible we use condoms and pills. She explained that it happens more often than I would think, lots of 80% effectiveness and 98% effectiveness mumbo jumbo. We joke about my warrior eggs and his super sperm now, but it took the entire pregnancy to get over the shock of it.

My first thought was to another post elsewhere, the woman admitted that she had lied to her husband pretending to not want children. But in reality she was poking holes in condom and not actually taking the pill. Get the vasectomy.

My heart goes out to it [insert stormy-browed Emo-Gee here].