Caturday surprise!

By Cats...FML - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, it's my sister's birthday. My parents got her a cat. I have serious allergies when it comes to cats. When I brought this issue up with my parents, they replied, "This day is not about you, it's about your sister." I can feel my throat tightening already. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 598
You deserved it 3 417

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On your birthday ask for something your parents are allergic to.

What the **** is wrong with parents these days?! Its FMLs like this that make me sooo angry. I think it is safe to assume that with such neglegent parents, you don't have an epipen or an inhaler, so when you can no longer breathe, make sure you call 911- bypass your parents entirely- and take a nice little trip to the ER. Tell the paramedics and doctors WHY you cant breathe. And enjoy your stay. Your lovely parents can foot the bill ;)

Comments

Worst parents ever sounds like your sis is definetly the favorite good luck with finding a resolution

jsteury 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Wht if the op is young? God I hate the "get a job and move out" thing. where the hell are we gonna go? On the streets? Think, asshole...

Princessx3Jamie 0

You don't even know how old the OP is.

txgirl09 5

I couldn't agree more. I'm 25, but I still live at home. Why? Because i'm too busy getting a graduate degree to be able to work enough hours at my job (I work part time now and intend to go full time when I finish my degree and look for a job in my chosen field). So even age isn't necessarily a relevant factor to expecting someone to move out on their own. What would people have someone in my type of situation do? Marry some poor guy only for an MRS. degree just because it's not the norm to be living with a parent at my age? Though I am lucky that my mother makes the situation bearable by doing her best to treat me with the utmost respect.

txgirl09 5

edit: that comment was based off of #16.

tweetypie 18

It says brought. And everyone makes mistakes.

No it says brought. If it did say bought tho I'd be pretty pissed cuz I post FMLs on here with perfect grammar an spelling an they don't get posted. Then people make grammar/speeling mistakes an theirs still get posted

The_creator_fml 2

Some people shouldn't reproduce. I feel sorry to whoever has neglectful parents like the op's parents...

SkardeyKat 3

I agree. It's sad that people need a license to drive but any moron can reproduce.

You're not meant to give pets as presents anyway! Let alone bring them into the house of a person who has an allergy... Make sure they haven't given the cat your name, otherwise you are in serious trouble.

Nothing wrong with giving pets as a present IF you know for certain that it will end in a loving, caring family.

Aren't there also a lot of hungry people? Hey, how about the humane society go out and give soup? Solves both problems!

_Vamp_ 9

On your birthday kill the cat and state, "This day is not about you two or my sister, it's about me", while dragging it out into the yard. 3 months mental institution TOPS. Plus you get free juice boxes and crayons there. :) lol

Personally, I'd put on a gas mask and take it down the local cat rescue centre, but then I'm only a psycho when it comes to people.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
herpitydurteedur 0

If it's severe, then it will. Ever seen someone whose severely allergic to peanuts? Open a bag within 3 feet of them and they're dead.

As someone who would physically die around cats, yes, they can get quite bad. Got hospitalised for a week once when I was 16 for visiting a family with 1 cat, for 3 days. This should be a crime equal to throwing a slow acting gas bomb as someone.

mrmerino 0

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have no way of knowing the nature of OP's allergic reactions.

Confuciussay 6

29 - Read the end of the FML please. If it's not the kind of allergy that closes the throat, why would OPs throat tighten? Some people really lack "common logic"

Yeah because you know the girl and how severe her allergy is. Ugh, you look like an idiot in your profile picture, no wonder you actually are one..

Um, I'm severely allergic to cats. What happens to me? My my faces swells up, I get a fever, I have a terrible rash all over my skin like I have the chicken pox and my throat starts closing up. No sneezing at all. Don't assume everyones' allergic reactions are the same.

Considering the OP could write the fml I doubt it's that bad... They should call it uncommon sense these days. :/

alexsmokesdro91 0

Well, it looks like you aren't the favorite.

Call child protective services, as that is considered abuse