Sometimes, the thought doesn't count

By Anonymous - 17/11/2023 14:00

Today, we got a diamond delivered to our house. I was super confused until my husband admitted he’d taken the ashes of his grandparents and parents, my mom and my grandparents', and my auntie's, mixed them all together and sent them to one of those diamond making companies. I’m divorcing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 580
You deserved it 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

his own family, fine. taking your loved ones remains without asking....UNACCEPTABLE.

as in you were already divorcing him and now you can't take your loved ones with you or you're divorcing him for this?

Comments

jayps 2

TBH that sounds pretty awesome.

as in you were already divorcing him and now you can't take your loved ones with you or you're divorcing him for this?

What is the problem? I had this done when my husband was KIA and I got additional remains back cremated, after he had been buried. I love that I can always have a physical part of him close to me. Why are you so upset? Would you have preferred that he was buying a diamond to give to another woman?????

if you think taking the remains of someone's family member and doing ANYTHING with them without that family member's permission you've got serious issues...seek help and don't reproduce

You only had the one parent turned into a diamond. He gathered all of his dead relatives plus her dead relatives to make a bigger diamond.

My guess is the original poster had already decided that she was divorcing him before this happened and now this diamond is yet another thing to divide.

As much as I like the idea of making diamonds out of ashes, it's something YOU TALK ABOUT FIRST when it's other peoples loved ones. (Except in the case of Zsa Zsa Gabor, she should have been made into a diamond without hesitation or argument. She would have LOVED that.) But I would also be seriously considering divorce after that level of abject disrespect of my loved ones and my feelings.

his own family, fine. taking your loved ones remains without asking....UNACCEPTABLE.

Lffayen 3

I dunno, with a Ouija board he could've asked.