Can't stop, won't stop

By Matt8 - 07/12/2012 01:07 - United States

Today, I found out that my wife, who is supposed to be a recovering alcoholic, drank an entire bottle of wine and then tried to hide it at the bottom of a garbage bin. To make matters worse, when I confronted her about it, she tried to convince me that our 5-year-old daughter had drunk it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 426
You deserved it 2 109

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theslimshadylp 6

Using a five year old as a scapegoat, that's pretty low.

Recovering alcoholics have been known to relapse several times. Be supportive. She's going to need your help to keep her back on track.

Comments

adam0241 4

Have her listen to macklemore he talks about recovering in his music... Specifically otherside song. It helps people

perdix 29

That's rough. You've got a kid who's hitting the sauce and is willing to frame her own mother to get away with it!

you need to make sure that is handled asap, you do not want an alcoholic looking after your child. She needs to choose between alcohol and her family.

Agreed, although her behavior indicates she has already made her choice.

Um the garbage bin. Do you people not recycle. ITS A BOTTLE, HELLO!

Well you never know. Like mother like daughter. But seriously though. Recovering from addictions is super hard. If you haven't experienced some form of addiction in your life, then you won't fully understand it.

Could you tell me how to get * hic up* how to get to Sesame Street?

JoeGrant 12

I think your best bet is to tell her she has to go to rehab or, if things persist, have an intervention. Good luck OP.

syley 5

If you think about it the 5 year old would be immensely drunk and would probably die due to her size.

Suffering from rehab or not; dragging your 5-year old into the situation, is just bad! If I was you, I would punch her; right there on the spot. And tell her to make up a new story, this time trying to be realistics and WITHOUT dragging other people into it. That would be the only chance she got. From then on, I would turn around and leave... Many things can be forgiven, and much space can be left "open for chance". But being a baby, and trying to blame other people for your own stupidity, is never acceptable. And can never be forgiven.

MidnightMusic53 37

Oh yeah, because punching your wife is so manly. That's spouse abuse. While it was wrong for her to blame it on the five year old, she doesn't deserve to be punched. She needs support and maybe needs to go back to rehab. She was just desperate. I certainly hope nobody marries you, you'd probably beat the crap out of them over the stupidest things.

sweetmama88 6

I guess she going back to AA ?