Bully

By ninjawhat1337 - 25/05/2009 04:14 - United States

Today, I told my dad that I was going to sleep over my friend's house this weekend with a few other guys to play Dungeons and Dragons. He responded with, "Oh, back in my day, me and my pals used to pick on the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 678
You deserved it 57 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You dad was a douche as a kid. And clearly sees nothing wrong with it. But as long as he doesn't pick on you now, that's not really an FML.

Well, we all know the type of guy your old man is. Still, D&D is one of the more wholesome hobbies available to the young generation, enjoy yourself :D

Comments

You dad is ein arsloch on the upside its all lies about the no sex thing (as you probably know) as a female LARPer and D&Der we actually get a superior quality of **** ^^

Seriously now. 77, 78, you've obviously gotten you're entire accumulated knowledge of DND from TV sitcoms. I used to play Heroclix (yeah, another nerd hobby, btw) with some guys who played DND, though I've never played myself (but damn sure want to). One drives semi trucks for a living and so was sometimes gone for extended periods of time. Another was a personal trainer at a gym, and yeah, he was ripped. Two girls from high school, a guy who drove an hour to get there from college whenever he could, a gay guy, a "large" (but not obese) man with a two year old daughter, a twenty-something year old sometimes brought his bride-to-be. A few names you might know of: Stephen Colbert. Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. Robin Williams. Mike Meyers. Vin Diesel. Insult him for playing DND to his face, I dare you. Go for it. Glen-*******-Danzig! Tell HIM you think he's a panzy. At least Vin Diesel's got some self control.

#17 Next time I see Vin Diesel (we hang out sometimes) I'm going to tell him how lame D&D is. You know what's going to happen? Nothing. He's like 5 feet tall. He can't do shit. #44 Everyone gets picked on when they're kids. Get the **** over it. Also, do you know how many parents go against what their kids want to do? A lot. I say again, get the **** over it. So many whiny people on here.. OP, srsly? If you play D&D, you should expect to get picked on. It's known as one of the nerdiest games of all time.

beat up your old man...while wearing a wizard hat. irony.

I just started a campaign the other day. I'm so pumped! I'm working toward the prestige class nightmare spinner. badass right? good luck with your game!

OP, #23 and #75 had deprived childhoods i'm sorry for all of you....go get lives or get laid. seriously

Does anyone else find it ironic that the majority of comments are people bashing people who are making fun of D&D. Comparing the ratio of D&Ders to non-D&Ders most people who comment play D&D and are making pre-preemptive insults against those who don't.

So your dad made fun of something you enjoy, big deal. Quit being a whinny bitch and stand up for yourself. How has the discussion of dungeons and dragons gone on this long with mentions of tv shows, celebrities, but not a single (unless I skipped over it) reference to Bender's Game? Come on people, the dodecalicious...

Your dad's a **** and probably too stupid to play D&D.

Gingerly 0

D&D is awesome, and anyone dissing people who play it just remember that nerds rule the world.