Bully

By ninjawhat1337 - 25/05/2009 04:14 - United States

Today, I told my dad that I was going to sleep over my friend's house this weekend with a few other guys to play Dungeons and Dragons. He responded with, "Oh, back in my day, me and my pals used to pick on the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 678
You deserved it 57 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You dad was a douche as a kid. And clearly sees nothing wrong with it. But as long as he doesn't pick on you now, that's not really an FML.

Well, we all know the type of guy your old man is. Still, D&D is one of the more wholesome hobbies available to the young generation, enjoy yourself :D

Comments

#14: "I'm sorry but Dungeons and Dragons seems like a stupid game." Don't bash what you've never tried. D&D is fun, though I like World of Darkness and Exalted better. Plenty of awesome, non scene people play it, you just have a skewed sample.

TJStarzZ 8

First off, anyone saying "D&D sucks, waste of a life, get a life", etc. think about yourselves. What are you doing commenting on this post by a 'lifeless loser', hm? Technically, you're wasting your lives to tell him his sucks, aren't you? Another question is, don't some of you play online games, as well? Think about THAT-- while you're playing your World of Warcraft, think about how much a 'life' you CLAIM to have. Now, at least show the guy some respect (given this isn't a 'real' FML anyway). Second, Lol, my dad used to hate Pokemon, Harry Potter, and every Magick-related thing I took into his house. He'd take my keychains, bag attachments, and toys, and burn them, in my face. Even so, I don't visit the bastard anymore, so it doesn't matter. And hey, I still play lots of games - many online- and still have a colorful social life, good school offers, and I'm not morbidly obese. Tell your dad when you end up becoming smarter than him and making more than he makes (like the rest of the kids he picked on), he can make fun of you some more when he's asking for your money. =)

not morbidly obese but still pretty ****** chubby lol

You basically took the attention from the topic of OP to your self. Bravo

So what if the guy likes D&D? Anyone who criticises someone because of what they choose to do in their spare time is clearly a douchebag. I say FYL, even if it's not that bad.

One of my best friends loves D&Ds, it's quite fun actually but I've never get in full gear or anything.

#23 - you must have had a sucky childhood, poor you :/ D&Ds is how a lot of fantasy authors get started. Don't bash something that inspires creativity.

"my dad used to hate Pokemon, Harry Potter, and every Magick-related thing I took into his house" lol

Dungeons and Dragons FTW! FYL just because I can't click YDI on a fellow adventurer. :p

tiny_cactus 0

DnD is pretty much the best thing ever. Marry me. And for the people who are ragging on it, riddle me this: is it unpopular to sit at home and play video games every once in a while? No, it's accepted. DnD is basically just the party version of a video game, at least you have friends.

manunited93 0