Brain melt

By ray - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I dropped my bag to run after my two-year-old who had bolted in the parking lot. Once he was in his seat, I got in and drove away. I felt two large thumps as I drove over my own iPad, cellphone and wallet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 214
You deserved it 15 490

Top comments

jake98899889 4

Fyl. You did what was best for the kid but at the same time smashed $1000. Let's just be happy it wasn't your baby that got ran over.

toenibbler 14

I'm also a teenager, and lives are always more important than technology.

Comments

CursedSilent 1

I have three kids ranging from 1-7 and I don't understand how her son got away either. Often I see parents walking through the parking lot with toddlers lagging behind. Not saying the OP is one of those parents but your attention has to be somewhere less important for the child to escape like that.

Stevenstone 0

You deserve it for having an ipad... was your iphone not big enough for people to notice you?

Ydi for not having hold of his hand... He's two, two year olds tend to run around.

I'm sorry, but how the hell does a two year old "bolt"? I've babysat 20-30 of them and even if they tried to sprint away I could easily catch them with a brisk walk.

SwtCherryPie 26

YDI for caring more about cradling your iPad and ensuring its safe trip to your car instead of your child. My daughter is 6 and she is still expected to hold mine or her father's hand when we are walking through parking lots.

If it makes you feel any better the iPad probably broke when you dropped your purse....

Um...i foresee a genius bar appointment being made here! Hope ur ipad was able to be replaced!