Brain melt

By ray - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I dropped my bag to run after my two-year-old who had bolted in the parking lot. Once he was in his seat, I got in and drove away. I felt two large thumps as I drove over my own iPad, cellphone and wallet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 214
You deserved it 15 490

Top comments

jake98899889 4

Fyl. You did what was best for the kid but at the same time smashed $1000. Let's just be happy it wasn't your baby that got ran over.

toenibbler 14

I'm also a teenager, and lives are always more important than technology.

Comments

You're the new owner of an iFlat. Congratulations

Who carries an iPad and a cellphone around at the same time? An unneccessary amount of technology in my opinion.

And that's why I always remember what I set down.

^ Then I don't believe you've ever been petrified in terror at the possibility of your child getting really hurt/killed. If you do one day, and you're thinking about even breathing, than you haven't been scared enough. If you're crying and shaking in relief from something like that and someone were to pass you your iPad, you wouldn't give a shit or even remember it's yours. Your statement that you think you'll always remember what you set down, is ignorant. I'm sorry, but I don't believe you have any idea what you're talking about.

80- I feel like I owe you an apology. I didn't realize you were 12, and all you did was share your opinion, and of course you wouldn't have children to know how it would feel. You made a simple statement, I shouldn't have read too much into it. I'm sorry for that. :( Cheers.

Consumer goods can be replaced. Kids can't. You made the better choice :)

TheEpicMilkMan 13

hey, on the bright side the ipad 3 is coming out soon think of it as an excuse to get it and the new iphone 5 :3 just sayin' :D

lofty1012 3

Why are they listing their wallet as bad also? It might be a little flat but aside from that it should be fine getting run over...

josiemorehouse 12

Sorry but YDI. Even though the kid is 2, as a parent you should have better control of your child. At that age, he should be holding your hand instead of running off. Also, you shouldn't have had to drop your bag. Plus, if you did drop your bag, you should be responsible enough to be able to pick it back up. I have 2 kids, and never have I felt that I need to blame my child for my own ignorance. OP: pay attention, control your kid, and be responsible for your own actions.

You have said it all, No. 84. The OP is an incompetent dipshit, plain and simple.

TheEpicMilkMan 13

calm down, she wasn't blaming the kid, she was simply stating the kid ran away, but as for the kid part yes it was irresponsible letting him go everywhere but were not all going to be the perfect parents were bound to make a mistake sooner or later but lastly the bag could have been any type of bag so you can't determine that she didn't need to put it done to run, but as for leaving it I think that if my son was running my main priority is to get him back so I would've forgotten about my bag too if i was her. think about possibilities before insulting the OP. >.>

For all you know, the kid could have a behavioural disability like autism or something, totally not the parents fault, just a child that struggles to control behaviour and urges.

KiddNYC1O 20
ssshuntersss 1

I ran over my phone too..... I was helping my disabled client get in the car and didn't realize I dropped it.