Bored stiff

By adsfkerfmpo - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I made a date to try to save our relationship. I sat in his room for hours while he watched YouTube videos of World of Warcraft. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 223
You deserved it 8 055

Top comments

And ur trying to save this relationship why?

The more sensible thing would be to save YOURSELF from the relationship. o_0

Comments

Um. Not flaming or anything, but I disagree... as I'm sure you were expecting from someone. Here's my useless anecdotal evidence: - I play on and off, have a boyfriend, friends I regularly hang out with IRL, and I'm on a dance team. - Boyfriend raids three nights a week, has a cute girlfriend (if I do say so myself :D), friends he regularly hangs out with IRL, and dances. - 5-6 IRL friends play, and it's often something we play together, even though we did not meet there. People can get addicted to anything that offers them repeated satisfaction -- be it money, a physical high, or even an emotional high. If it wasn't games, it would be something else. Alcohol. ****. Gambling. Cheating. The gym. The problem isn't WoW, it's a shitty boyfriend with his own problems and an addictive personality.

AntiChrist7 0

Why would you want to save a relationship with someone like that? Choose someone who respects you next time. YDI

please dump him. guys who care more about their computers and stupid games than you need to be kicked to the curb

If you're not into world of warcraft, he probably isn't the one for you. Give up.

Why did you stick around while he watched those videos? You should have just given up and left.

I definitely agree 38. I used to play all the time before my computer died, and probably will again once it is replaced. My boyfriend plays. I suppose you could call us obsessed since we played all the damn time. But we both have full lives away from the computer. Its not the game's fault, its the boyfriend's fault for being a total loser. OP,dump him and run. Not all gamers are incapable of having real relationships, but it cerainly sounds like your boyfriend is.

Octiskeet 0

YDI for not leaving while he was on youtube. I mean, you sat there for HOURS? Really?

I really do feel for you. I had an ex who was completely obsessed, we'd hang out or plan to have a date and all he'd do is play WoW all night while I sat watchin him or some tv prog. It was bearable at the start but by the end drove me barmy. Dump him now pet cause if ur not into WoW then you've no chance of a happy relationship together if he's that obsessed. Doesn't sound like a relationship worth saving, I'm sorry!

SOLO_FR3SH 0

haha wow...world of warcraft sad i can understand if it was xbox live but not that....u should leave him!

monnanon 13

whats the difference? both allow you to chat and play games with others. Both can suck you in. Suppose it depends on the type of game you like.

YDI for not realizing he was such a loser before this. And for not leaving him immeadiately when he wouldn't pay attention during your "date to save your relationship."