Boozehounds

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my parents found my stash of alcohol. They drank it all within a single evening. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 910
You deserved it 35 297

Top comments

How much alcohol did you have? And why the hell didn't they share?

Comments

kingeorge101 0
catkat1988 17

Honestly, what's with the American moralty about alcohol? You can drive a car at 16, vote and join the army and die for your country at 18, but you gotta be 21 to enjoy a beer? Come on, the kid had a probably fairly small alcohol stash (that's what I'm assuming since the parents drank it all at once), and you go all YDI on him just for that, when his parents took what was rightfully his and consumed it for their own enjoyment? He wouldn't have gotten that many YDI's if his parents had eaten his chocolate stash, but chocolate makes you fat.

I know! We were always allowed alcohol with meals and stuff when I was a kid (Well, about 12+). If my dad had a beer or wine he'd always let me try a little bit. My mum took me out drinking for my 18th, I had alcohol at my 14th birthday party. Alcohol had never been a taboo subject in my family!! I pretty much only drink for celebrations like birthdays/ christmas etc now. I firmly believe that the relaxed attitude most of Europe has towards alcohol is the right way to be! All the same I'd be pretty pissed if I found my kid had been hiding alcohol, more because they were being deceitful. I'd buy it for them if they asked! Where abouts in Denmark are you from? I have family in Haderslev and Give.

this-is-America! not europe! american morality? wtf? obviously your country NEEDS some morality lessons, cause alcohol is NOT for minors no matter how you look @ it or the occasion...as we can tell by the stupidity of your response DUE TO ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AS A MINOR...nuff said.

the problem is that he (assuming he's under 21) got it ILLEGALLY then hid it from his parents. as a minor he has the obligation to abide by his parents rules and not engage in ILLEGAL activity. follow the laws like good people do. like I said, there's a reason there are laws. yes, he does deserve it plus punnishment.

#206 THIS is actually the internet, but OK. At least we both used full English words and typed in actual sentences. #222 I will respond to you as you seem to have a brain. We don't know OP is under age, although I feel it's safe to assume they are! I know it's illegal for OP to buy alcohol if under age, all I'm saying is the US seems way too strict. Our legal drinking age here (UK) is 18, most of Europe is lower. We can't buy alcohol under 18 but we can consume it at home with an adult. We can also have one beer or one glass of wine in a restaurant with a meal at 16+. No parent I know allows this though, apart from mine. The UK and US have the highest incidents of drink related crime (Drink driving, violent behaviour etc) and drink related accidents. I believe that is because we treat it as such a taboo. Kids aren't so eager to go out and get blitzed if the excitement of sneaking around is taken away. If you don't agree, you don't agree. That's my opinion you're entitled to yours just as I'm entitled to mine. Any kid who sneaks around behind their parents backs deserves punishment, I agree with that. I'd be mad as hell if I caught my kid stashing alcohol. Not because they had alcohol but because they were lying to me.

must have been a shitty stash if they drank it all in one night!

Missmonie1 7

Man that's shitty. Hopefully my parents don't find my stash of weed D:

dmmcintyre3 8

Don't worry, I will be looking for it now that I know you have one.

your like 13 and you already have weed?? that's ****** up.

You dumbass, it says in the Bible not to drink alcohol. YDI for not listening to Jesus.