Be warned

By what... - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - North Port

Today, my boss took me to one side and said, "Cross me like that ever again, and you're fired." I still have no clue what he was talking about, and now he denies ever having said a word to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 294
You deserved it 2 874

Top comments

Comments

Alcoholic bosses hard to deal with sorry op

I Would Let HIM Know that it was Probably his Other Personality, Take His Meds Regularly & tell Him to not Cross YOUR path again... Send Him a Bill for Helping Him, because YOUR not PRO BONO!!

I Would Let HIM Know that it was Probably his Other Personality, Take His Meds Regularly & tell Him to not Cross YOUR path again... Send Him a Bill for Helping Him, because YOUR not PRO BONO!!

As a manager with many subordinates, maybe I can help shed some light. You probably either: 1) Questioned him in front of others 2) Jokingly challenged him in front of others 3) Hesitated a direct order 4) Somehow spoke poorly of him to make him seem less competent. In all these cases, you definitely deserve it. If you're the type with a sense of humor at work, accept that your boss does not share this humor with you and work is not the place to express it.

I think that OP is more concerned with the lack of elaboration from his boss and the denial that the conversation even took place.

Agreed. Boss is acting unprofessionally. Perhaps OP reflecting on those different scenarios might help him think of what may have triggered his boss's threat, as I can easily see these things happening unknowingly if OP meant it as a joke. One of my few comments in which I'm legitimately trying to be helpful :]

thejimler 9

And this is why nobody likes bosses in America, you think you are infallible and have never made a mistake. So when an employee points out an error in something you have done, you take it as a personal insult and lash out at them, and when the problem that they predicted happens you shift the blame to them. There is a large difference between constructive criticism and mocking someone, you should learn what it is.

reymon8823 24

Well if you do cross that and get fired you can appeal it since he never talked to you...let's just hope you don't...or maybe your boss needs to see a therapist...

Maybe a coworker did something bad and handed the blame over to you? Either that or your boss is just crazy.

Off to one side would imply they were alone when it happened, informing others isn't going to help much in this situation unless its happened to them or happens again.