Vigilante

By Anonymous - 03/04/2023 22:00

Today, I got called to my son's school again because he punched a girl. Every time he gets in a fight, he justifies it by saying he only hits bullies he catches hurting other kids. His teachers even agree he only hits the bullies like that girl, but it’s becoming a huge problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 888
You deserved it 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The problem here seems to be that your kid's teachers SEE and ACKNOWLEDGE there's a bully problem but seem to be doing dick all about it. While I agree with Chazzster that he needs to use this as a last resort, it almost sounds like it is, because any teacher who's saying, "Oh yeah your son only hits bullies!" seems to be missing the drastic point that this school has MULTIPLE bullies for your son to hit...

every time the school calls home, be like ok so you knew this kid was a bully and didn't handle it. so why are you targeting my son instead of the problem?

Comments

While it’s commendable that son wants to protect people from bullies, physical attacks should be reserved for genuine life threatening situations. Real life is not like an old John Wayne movie, at least not in this century. At some point unless he changes his ways he’s going to get into serious trouble. Once he turns 18 he can be charged as an adult for assault and that’s a serious problem. If you cannot convince him of the potential seriousness of this and get him to change his ways he will need effective counseling. You will need to ensure there are sufficient consequences to this to put a stop to it.

The problem here seems to be that your kid's teachers SEE and ACKNOWLEDGE there's a bully problem but seem to be doing dick all about it. While I agree with Chazzster that he needs to use this as a last resort, it almost sounds like it is, because any teacher who's saying, "Oh yeah your son only hits bullies!" seems to be missing the drastic point that this school has MULTIPLE bullies for your son to hit...

Yes, I agree that the school is really messed up that there is a bullying problem. But unless the bullying gets seriously physical, there is no cause for a physical attack. Pulling out his smart phone and recording the incident would be more effective in ultimately stopping the bully - If the school is willing and able to punish students who bully others which seems to be a basic requirement.

schools don't do **** all about bullies, that's the whole problem. what good is recording it going to do? they already know it's happening. if the son records it then they just come down on him for having his phone out. and bullying doesn't have to be violent, plenty of young children have killed themselves because of bullies that never laid a hand on them. if the son takes enough of them out, they'll stop. it's a shame on the school that one of the students feels like they have to be a vigilante because the school is refusing to handle it

every time the school calls home, be like ok so you knew this kid was a bully and didn't handle it. so why are you targeting my son instead of the problem?

Why does a kid have to step up to the plate? Isn't that the teachers' job?

mccuish 25

I hope your son grows up to be Son Hye Kyo’s character in the Kdrama the glory

It's only a problem because the school refuses to find a solution for the bullying epidemic. Until the teachers and parents discipline the bully kids, your son is putting them in their place by introducing his fist to their faces at high velocity. Which is a language all bullies understand.