Baby driver

By Holland - 04/04/2019 12:00

Today, my check engine light came on. I took my car to the dealership, to be told it wasn’t an issue, and I would be fine to drive and use my car normally until my appointment in 4 days. Four hours later, my car won’t start 45 minutes from home. I guess a $200 tow bill means I wasn’t fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 113
You deserved it 168

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would recomend you get an OBD2 reader to see what your check engine light is telling you, so you can make an educated call on what to do with your car. I would also recommend you find a new mechanic.

Aw, that’s so quaint you’re fretting over the $200 tow bill. It soon won’t seem like much compared to the car repair you’ll need.

Comments

I would recomend you get an OBD2 reader to see what your check engine light is telling you, so you can make an educated call on what to do with your car. I would also recommend you find a new mechanic.

Use amazon to find a reader. All the local units I’ve found have been about four times the price of the amazon units with similar functionality.

Aw, that’s so quaint you’re fretting over the $200 tow bill. It soon won’t seem like much compared to the car repair you’ll need.

IrieStorm 9

Next time go to an AutoZone or O'Reilly's or something. They can read the code for you, then Google the code to find out what it means.

id make the dealership pay that $200 and fix your car for free

julfunky 29

Interesting. How would one go about doing that?

in some states it's state law that the mechanic would be required to cover the towing Bill check your state laws

hilamonster 14

take the 200 dollar bill to the person that said your car was ok to drive and demand he or she pays it, or just go straight to their manager. that's bullshit. they should be held accountable.

Criminal 6

I recommend getting road side Assistance... through your insurance company, cell phone provider or even like aaa... I have Nationwide & they allow several a year... I have the plus which I think is like $15 every 6 months & get towed up to 100miles from my house, 3-5 gallons of gas if I run out, lockout & tire changes... even a certain amount for a hotel if needed while the cars being repaired if I’m far away called trip interruption... So far it’s been a blessing... Check it out... It’s worth it...!!!