Away with the fairies

By peoplesuck - 14/05/2009 07:51 - United States

Today, I stayed up all night to study for my anatomy final at 9 a.m. I studied outside the testing room in the hall all night. Apparently, I fell asleep with my headphones on, as my friend woke me up after walking out of the test, asking how I did. 300 classmates walked by and no one woke me up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 133
You deserved it 15 562

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Never stay up all night studying. You just won't remember it.

Just an FYI for the future: it is better to study less and get 6-9 hours of sleep than study more and get less. You will remember things better with more sleep. Studies have shown those that get more sleep, even after studying less did better.

Comments

#58 you're young. You don't know how it competitive college is. When professors grade on a curve, students LOVE to see things like this when other students don't show up and get 0's. It only helps them out. Don't fault the other students because no college student would've woken up the OP. Also, maybe they're not assholes and just didn't want to disturb the OP. They might've thought he/she was sleeping while studying for another class entirely. Who knows?

Honestly, I'm torn between YDI and FYL. Can you honestly say you would have noticed someone else and woken them up if the situation had been reversed? Most of the students were probably preoccupied with the exam they were about to take, just like you were. Furthermore, as someone else said, it's not their responsibility to wake you up, and nor is it the professors. It would have been a common courtesy to do so, yes, but they're not obligated to do it. It DOES suck that you missed the exam, but you deserved it for falling asleep.

The only thing that disturbs me worse than "it's not my responsibility to help the guy next to me who's obviously having trouble" is "I would have left you there to lower the curve." Presuming of course that the class is actually graded on a curve (which is generally indicative of an instructor compensating for either poor teaching or an easy topic) that's pretty underhanded. And to everyone assuming he was a procrastinator: I've definitely had moments where I was studying or doing projects for the entire time between when material was given and when it was tested on. It's quite possible that he's just in a particularly difficult field.

SamuraiDeli 0

YDI. The 300 people in the class most likely didn't even know you were in the class (minus the friend). How were they supposed to know you were even taking the test? You could've been waiting for a friend, waiting for another class, etc. Don't blame everyone else for not waking you up when you should have been up in the first place. It's not their fault, it's yours.

Just because they're in anatomy doesn't mean they're in medschool or pre-med... But anyway, that does suck! I took anatomy & physiology last semester and our prof told everyone that if we missed the final we failed the class.. Not just getting an F, we would get a 0% in the class. So, I hope your prof is nice and let's you make it up!

atomicmrpelly 2

It was a stupid idea to study all night outside the exam room, but it sucks that no-one woke you up.

yeahreally 6

#1 is right study and get some sleep you'll retain it better. and people suck...next time set an alarm on your phone.

lmmmr 0

#65- In a class of 300 people and a college of (on average) 20,000+, you don't just assume that the person sleeping in the hallway is supposed to be taking the same exam as you. It would be a pretty big risk to wake up a stranger on the slight chance that they might be late for an exam. If he had friends in the class that's one thing, but the vast majority of his class would have never even noticed he was ever registered in the first place.

fmljw 2

wow that really sucks.. thats why when i feel myself dozing off while studying for an exam i always set the alarm for how long i should sleep. hopefully ur prof will understand and let you retake it. =(

I clicked both FYL and YDI. sorry to hear about the final, dude