Keep it down

By Anonymous - 13/09/2022 07:00

Today, I was woken up at 2 a.m. by my roommates throwing a party down the hall. I put some earplugs in so I could get some rest for my 8 a.m final. They worked really well, so well in fact that I didn't hear my alarm and woke up at noon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 224
You deserved it 220

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is this a habit of theirs? Sticking your phone underneath your pillow so you can feel your phone’s vibrations may help. Or if they do this regularly enough to justify the expense, one of those mattress alarm clocks for deaf people that shake you awake.

Comments

Is this a habit of theirs? Sticking your phone underneath your pillow so you can feel your phone’s vibrations may help. Or if they do this regularly enough to justify the expense, one of those mattress alarm clocks for deaf people that shake you awake.

I have a 20 € smartwatch that vibrates. Considerate roommates are priceless though.

What do you use as your alarm ? What were those earplugs ? Normal earplugs are designed to only cover a « small » range of noise for security (to hear when someone speaks next to you, an alarm, a car horn, etc.). It diminish ambient noises to help you concentrate or sleep. So you would need either a strange wake up alarm (some kinds of music perhaps ?) or heavy duty earplugs not to ear it. In the 2nd case i want to know the brand, I want some ;) Well maybe you were sooo tired that even without the plugs you wouldn’t have gotten up (sadly it can happen to everyone)

Jon Tessler 14

I have professional earplugs made for musicians since I used to roadie for a band, and while they cut a lot of the noise, I can still hear regular conversations and the music. this sounds more like the OP didn't have the cojones to ask them to keep the noise down.

**** that! there is a common neighborhood time cut off for noise @night call the cops next time for a noise complaint 🤣