At last! Well done!

By dumbgirl4lyf - 01/10/2012 18:24 - Ireland - Monaghan

Today, I finally realized how stupid I am, when I answered a question correctly in class and my teacher started clapping and cheering. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 867
You deserved it 4 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It might just be the entire class that is stupid. I know I basically jump for joy when one of my students act intelligently.

Comments

Try to take this in the best possible way, OP, and keep learning. School BS ends with school; learning stays with you forever.

I had a professor back in med school who would make junior medical students give candies (sponsored by the dept of course) to residents and staff who show up late to work. The students would walk around in the ward and hand them out in front of the nurses, other students and physicians without mentioning why they were giving some people candies and not others. The department spent a whole lot of money on candies the first couple of weeks. Afterwards, the medical students just ate the candies as they got close to their expiration date since they weren't really having to give out any. So Pavlov rocks!

My History teacher throws candy at our class if we say something intellectual.. And I'm a freshman in high school! :D

what_a_bad_ass 0

Hey, not everyone is book-smart. You are probably a lot smarter on certain topics then me.. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and unfortunately yours isn't school- cheer up, I'm sure you'll find something that you can outsmart anybody with one day :D

I despair. You couldn't fathom wanting to succeed in school to better your future and your prospects? But you'll study for sweeties..? Go to school, get a part time job, educate yourself, gain some work inspired ethics, and use your paycheques to buy your own ******* candy..

unknown_user5566 26

72- With that logic, people should enter careers only to better themselves, instead of entering a career to earn a paycheck. Motivation tools (like candy) are not harmful, and they do not take away from the ultimate goal of school, which is to learn and expand your horizons. I'm betting you have never worked in the educational field; sometimes you have to come up with "cheap" ways to get students motivated initially, so they can eventually realize their potential.

Reminds me of my own school days OP!

Well just by your username u can tell u aren't the brightest apple in the tree...lyf.... Smh

unknown_user5566 26