Assholes

By Third trimester - 26/05/2017 17:00 - Canada - Toronto

Today, as I stepped into a subway car, I noticed some free seats and began walking towards them. A group of girls standing nearby looked at me, then at the seats, and made a run for them. They then high-fived, presumably as congratulations for sitting down before the pregnant lady could. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 732
You deserved it 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This scares me as these girls will be in society in a few years

arioch_fml 20

Wow fyl Op, hopefully they were just too stupid to think that you could be pregnant.

Comments

AmberLynnxo 10

if i were you, i would've roundhouse punched them right in their jaws and then high fived myself and then took the seat that was once going to be yours. :)

What a bunch of little skanks, I'm disabled and I wiuld give up my seat for someone who was pregnant

MommyMerida 11

OP here! Thanks for the comments, I enjoyed reading them. I'm 5'1 and this is my second pregnancy, so it's pretty obvious, ha ha. And yes, I take transit because I work downtown and it's way faster, simpler and cheaper riding the subway to work than trying to navigate all the traffic at rush hour (especially if you live in the suburbs and have to cross a bridge to get there)! There's actually a little more to this story. Right before we got to the next stop, someone sitting not far from where I was standing got up and left. And at that point, the girl from the group who hadn't been able to get a seat actually tried running for the seat that had just freed up with her friends egging her on! I was standing a lot closer to it though, so I did manage to get to it before she did even though I'm a lot slower these days being in my third trimester. I would like to say that I don't feel I'm entitled to anyone's seat, though it's appreciated when people offer me one. To me, giving up your seat is about being considerate toward other transit users who might need it more because they have less balance or less of an ability to stay standing up, and I've given up my seat while pregnant because no one else was doing it and I felt someone needed it more than I did! That being said, in Montreal (not sure why it says Toronto), the priority seating in public transit has pictograms above it showing an elderly person, a person with a leg cast, and a pregnant woman. So make of that what you will... ;-)

KrazyKatz3 26

It is possible that they didn't notice you or didn't know you were pregnant. If I were you I would ask someone to give up their seat. I always hate on trains the idea of giving up my seat to someone I think is old or pregnant and therefore insulting them...

Oh, they definitely noticed. After all, OP said that they looked at her first, and in her follow-up, even mentioned the girls egging on a friend to steal yet ANOTHER seat that was offered to OP...

You should have stood in front of them and released every rancid pregnancy gas fart You could manage right in their faces