Assholes

By Third trimester - 26/05/2017 17:00 - Canada - Toronto

Today, as I stepped into a subway car, I noticed some free seats and began walking towards them. A group of girls standing nearby looked at me, then at the seats, and made a run for them. They then high-fived, presumably as congratulations for sitting down before the pregnant lady could. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 732
You deserved it 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This scares me as these girls will be in society in a few years

arioch_fml 20

Wow fyl Op, hopefully they were just too stupid to think that you could be pregnant.

Comments

Patsy Boren 19

Regardless of whether it was obvious that OP was pregnant or not, the kids noticed she wanted to sit down and decided to be brats by claiming the seats right before her eyes. I can never understand those who do stuff like this or do not give the seats up to those who are in need of them. It is even more annoying when people claim the seats specifically made for those who are a senior or handicapped.

Little brats. I hate kids that do that kind of crap, and of course no parent is around to teach them right from wrong (or they just don't do it).

This reminds me of I time I was on a tour of a cave, and my period started, and my blood pressure dropped so much so fast, that the whole tour I thought I was gonna pass out. I have no memory of what the cave actually looked like. But because I was sick, I sat every chance I got, even though there were older people on the tour. I felt bad about not giving them my seat, but I knew if i stood, I would pass out. But that obviously wasn't the problem with these girls. They were just bitches.

Lobby_Bee 17

Yes they were shitty but nobody else offered their seat to you after witnessing this? Don't blame the teens when adults set the example for them.

I hope someone offered you a seat after witnessing that!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

yeah you would probably be one of the ***** that ran to take a seat. and she still may have chosen to get pregnant but it's still rude as hell to steal someone's seat when they are clearly heading towards it. and you know sometimes unexpected Shit happens in a pregnancy... I had no clue when I got pregnant I would get a condition that causes my hips to constantly be In severe pain.... or that I was going to be so sick that I throw up uncontrollably.... so don't be a twat and assume everything is always black or white.

HaydenOswald 9

Your fault for ******* someone who doesn't have a car.

tounces7 27

You do realize cars are impractical for travel in some cities, right? Due to extreme traffic.

If you live in a city like I do (and OP does, given that she lists her location as Toronto), owning a car is impractical and expensive. It's easier in many places to ride transit. Hopefully in a few years when one of these little brats is pregnant, she'll have trouble getting a seat on public transit.

tounces7 27

See, this is where you pull out your phone and start recording them. It's a public space, so not much they can say. Let's see them be so cocky when they realize a lot more than just you will see their behavior.

gamefreakcon 9

They shouldn't have to give up a seat for her she isn't disabled.

no however she was already headed for the seat they ran to it to get to it before she could vet there I don't know how much experience you have being around some one who is pregnant. (I'm going to assume none whatsoever because of how ignorant this comment is) but pregnant women can't always walk that fast there have been several times in my pregnancy that I have needed to hurry some place like the bathroom to puke and I ended up throwing up on the door to the bathroom because I couldn't get there fast enough. so.... I mean they were completely in the wrong for being so damn rude to her.

She may not be disabled, but she’s carrying another human being in her womb and does not have very much energy, or back strength (as babies and the extra weight is kind of, y’know, heavy). But of course, a perfectly able-bodied young man or woman should take the seats instead, because they’re more important than two (or more!) lives even though they can stand without difficulty..