Alopecia shit

By ThanksWill - 07/04/2022 12:00

Today, a coworker just came back from being ill and getting chemotherapy for a month and a half. I saw her bald head. I’d never seen her like that before. The astonishment disabled my verbal filter and I blurted out, "Jada Pinkett-Smith." Let’s just say besides this FML, I’m also submitting online resumes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 209
You deserved it 1 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's not Will's fault you're an asshole. Change your name to "Thanks Me".

Sure, Will Smith just agreed to get the worst rap in history and become a toxic brand for absolutely no discernable reason or anything benefitting him. Sure, makes perfect sense. As a rule of thumb kids, if there's no logical motivation, you're not "just asking questions", you're peddling a stupid conspiracy theory.

Comments

Where's your slap? Get her name out of your ******* mouth! (I still am thinking the whole thing was a pre-arranged gag. I can't believe that Chris Rock, who grew up in NYC, could get sucker-punched like that for real.)

Sure, Will Smith just agreed to get the worst rap in history and become a toxic brand for absolutely no discernable reason or anything benefitting him. Sure, makes perfect sense. As a rule of thumb kids, if there's no logical motivation, you're not "just asking questions", you're peddling a stupid conspiracy theory.

Motivation: Publicity. It worked better than anything. It dominated conversation for weeks. When we get to the big reveal, Will Smith will gain redemption by most of his fan base. It was suspicious that Chris Rock declined to press assault charges, and if he doesn't sue Smith, it would suggest the stunt was still being perpetuated. They ought to put his Oscar trophy in Pete Rose's display at the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Marcella1016 31

I don’t find him not pressing charges suspicious at all. They’ve known each other for decades, and it was one hit rather than getting his ass beat or something. Think of it as bro code or black code or something. Regarding publicity, Will and Jada had been bleeding publicity out of their asses for months. They didn’t need anymore, and it’s not worth it. Will has already suffered getting future projects canceled or postponed (which I personally think is ****** up for all the production jobs lost from that, regardless of where you stand on the issue). For people screaming fake, I think that’s just weird. No party involved has anything to gain from this, and it’s a stupid distraction from all the shit that really matters in our burning real world.

It's not Will's fault you're an asshole. Change your name to "Thanks Me".

Yeah ok...sure....what ever you say.

When my son was young there was no apparent filter between his thoughts and his words. He said a lot of things that were not wise to say and caused him problems. I used to tell him to think first before saying something that might cause him problems. Eventually he became a fairly talented liar when he wanted to be. I was not too thrilled with that extreme either… Learn to think first of the consequences before just blurting out the first thing on your mind. Some things just don’t need to be said and many things can be said much more tactfully so it doesn’t cause hard feelings. And if you screw up like this just apologize and don’t try to explain why you said what you said - That often makes things even worse. As a cancer survivor myself, I can tell you than chemotherapy tends to make you lose your hair. If you keep it long the fallout in the shower is sickening. So you cut your falling out hair shorter. I don’t think anyone really wants the bare head look - especially not most women. So if you see a bald head, unless you know the rest of the story then keep your mouth shut.

Keep that woman's name out your f***ing mouth!