So romantic

By Anonymous - 24/12/2012 05:33 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I were in bed and I asked him why he was with me. His answer was, "Well, the last girl I dated was really smart and she always made me feel dumb, so I decided to switch things up a bit. You make me feel like a genius, babe." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 586
You deserved it 8 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And a genius he is not if he really thought that was a brilliant idea to confess.

I don't usually say dump him, but if he really is with you JUST for that reason , then you should reconsider. Time won't Mendel the damage that will be done by a relationship where he doesn't care; maybe give yourselves a break Faraday to think about what you mean to each other?

Comments

Sorry for you. But still, do something to make you look smarter than him. Best of luck!! :D

Please don't reproduce: the intelligence of the world is dropping too rapidly already.

oj101 33

Perhaps they're both plenty smart, but the ex girlfriend had an off the scales IQ that made him look dumb in comparison. Who knows? They might all be scientists or they all might be debating about whether Africa is a country. It's all about relativity.

Africa is a world, the third one I think.

Look at the bright side, he's honest and like op for who she is. Maybe for the wrong reasons, but that can change/evolve.

DragonText 4

Wow, don't ask questions that you don't want to know the answers to.

I'm pretty sure she wanted to know, that's why she asked? Good fight logic. She was probably just hoping for something more romantic.

I'm really getting tired of the "blondes are dumb" jokes. They stopped being funny halfway through the first time the first person said it.

27- your comments got shitty half way through the first one.

I'm tired of girls doing that same pose in every photo, well that and duck face, stop it just stand normal

66 - But you gotta show, and let 'em know, that you're a Supahstar! I dunno, that's what I thought upon seeing the pose.

I don't usually say dump him, but if he really is with you JUST for that reason , then you should reconsider. Time won't Mendel the damage that will be done by a relationship where he doesn't care; maybe give yourselves a break Faraday to think about what you mean to each other?

Yes every sly little baby comment means they should break up. This is why the divorce rate it completely crazy high

alliewillie 22

The jokes went over your head so fast, your hair blew back didn't it.

This made me giggle uncontrollably like a strange demon/imp/hyena chimera. Thank you for that.

And a genius he is not if he really thought that was a brilliant idea to confess.

I understand that it's hard to take when your boyfriend says something like that... But you shouldn't ask things if you can't handle the answer.

connerwonner 7

Usually when a man is asked that question he says something like "Your personality" or something like that even if they have to lie.

all i meant was that id rather know he's an ass now than finding out later :)

You look like you're 9. What would you know about it?

Awh that's so mean! I'm sure you are smart :)

Or she may think Brazil is a part of Spain, we'll never know.

You're sure are you? You, a total stranger to OP, are sure, positive, confident to oath that OP is smart? How high would you bet? Seeing as you're so damn 'sure'. What a stupid comment.

45- thank you for your logic. Every time some one says "you deserve better" I follow that same thought process. Like how the **** do you know?

plum_lovin 28

#45- calm yourself.. #9 was just trying to be nice to OP. I'm sure you'd like to hear the same thing if you were in this situation, stranger or not.

61 - Empty platitudes from a stranger hold no value. If you're comforted by them, that's fine, but don't expect others to feel the same or get mad at someone for expressing differently.

At least the answer wasn't "because my last girlfriend made me look ugly, you make me look like a model, babe!" Hahaha!

yoursucklives 36

looks like someone is superficiel.

yoursucklives 36

It'd hurt my feelings so much more if someone called me ugly, And I know I'm not stupid so that wouldn't be offensive to me. I've been picked on for both and I find it so much worse and painful when someone calls me ugly. Sorry if anyone took it the wrong way, it was more of a joke than an insult.

xXKaanaXx 7

Wow. It's so nice to see what people value more, huh?

I don't think she's saying she values her appearance over her intelligence, her confidence is just higher in one area than the other. I'm the same way, if someone picks on an insecurity of mine I'll be much more affected than if they pick on something I know I'm good at.

Well judging by your profile picture, your looks are the last thing you have to worry about. You're a pretty lass :) No ****

nikkinurse 10

So it's worse to be ugly then stupid???

She's saying that she already knows her level of intelligence and saying otherwise would be an invalid argument , while obviously degrading a girl's appearance can hurt bc what are you supposed to do about it.

You should be smart enough to say goodbye. He sounds like a real asshole. You deserve much better than that.

RvidxrKlvn 8

How do you know that? She could be the love child of Stalin and Hitler for all you know

ideasrule 13

And why would the love child of Hitler and Stalin not deserve better? Does she deserve to be punished for her parents' crimes?