Air Conditioned Egg on Face?

By Anonymous - 05/08/2019 06:00

Today, I went to see the mechanic who'd just serviced my car, because it was still leaking cooling fluid. I started to explain the problem, but he stopped me and asked if I'd had the AC on. I said yes. He smiled and said lots people have this "problem" in summer. Did you know the AC releases fluid when you turn it off? I didn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 202
You deserved it 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No. Not knowing stuff doesn't make anyone a moron. Seeking help with stuff you don't know anything about does not make anyone a moron either. Bad manners will make you a moron though - congratulations with the title.

Comments

Kristoffer 35

yep. it's not uncommon to see massive pools of "fluid" which is just water dripping off of the coils. one time I had a truck with some sort of defect, and that water found its way into the cab instead of dripping onto the ground.

bl3ur0z3 17

Yes. But that's because I'm generally broke and so I Google things to see if a handy friend can help in exchange for a beer or if I need an actual $100/hr mechanic.

Cooling fluid? The refrigerant in A/C systems is a gas at atmospheric pressure. If it leaked, it would evaporate and you’d never see it. What you’re seeing is condensed water vapor from the air.

Kristoffer 35

you can make it come out of the can as a liquid, but even if you do, it boils away very fast, just about as fast as it comes out.

Kristoffer - so completely irrelevant to this conversation?

No. Not knowing stuff doesn't make anyone a moron. Seeking help with stuff you don't know anything about does not make anyone a moron either. Bad manners will make you a moron though - congratulations with the title.

oath, the OP isnt a moron for not knowing it. hey i didnt even know that and so what that makes me a moron. not really just means i dont know and im seeking the answer so i know. its like bashing kids for not knowing what we know and laugjing at them for going to school to get an education

He is a moron cause in this time and age there’s a wonderful invention called the internet!

Will the internet somehow help improve your manners?

Engine coolant is colored (usually greenish), while ac condensate is just water, and dribbles out until all gone. Never hurts to learn how things work.