Agony

By ... - 02/10/2012 20:55 - Canada - Airdrie

Today, I fell down the stairs and landed heavily on my foot. Because I wasn't crying, my mom refused to take me to the hospital. It took me an hour of agony to convince her. It turned out to be broken in three different places. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 358
You deserved it 1 785

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How the Hell can anyone say you deserved this?

Kudos for being tough! Too bad your mom doesn't think logically ...

Comments

thattwitterkid 4

That happened to me once. I fell off the trampoline at my friends house. My mom didn't want to take me to the hospital for 4 hours and turns out I had a sprained ankle, a fractured femur, a torn ligament, a sprained knee and a concussion. I had to carry my bike home from my friends house because my mom wouldn't answer the phone to come pick me up and my friends parents didn't have a car.

Comet_Candy 23

What the heck is wrong with these mothers?! My husband of a year broke his collarbone into four pieces while playing paintball last year. He was running at about 10 mph and tripped and fell down a 5-foot drop. The bone was sticking out of his skin... But it just goes to show that serious injuries can happen even if you don't do much. (Falling off a trampoline, falling 5 feet...)

It dosen't matter what you do to it, it's how you do it. Just landing poorly when jumping from a meter high broke my foot.

HeyArnold91 8

My mom is the same way. If my gut isn't coming out of my sides she won't take me to the doctor. She just gives me ibuprofen and hopes for the best.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My mom goes to the hospital for little shit. Apparently, I never really showed pain as a child.

Similar thing happened to me. I broke my tibia playing football (not soccer) when two of the biggest guys on the team fell on me. Everybody thought I sprained it (though I couldn't put weight on it). I got to the doctor and turns out I broke it in two. That hurt like hell.

Jinxx7 0

Wow, that really sucks! You have a high tolerance for pain if it was broken in 3 different places!!!! D:

You should tell your mom that crying doesn't signify that it's broken. I broke my foot and didn't cry either.

afairshake 8

When I was in the 6th grade my sister double bounced me on a trampoline and when I landed it broke my ankle. Not only did my sister point and laugh for 10 minutes before getting my parents but they made me wait till my ankle was swollen to the size of a softball to take me to the ER convinced I'd just twisted it and wanting to give it time to see if really seemed broken. It was agony. FYL for sure parents should listen when their kids are obviously crying out for help in pain. I'll always get my son help when he needs it. Oh and for all those that say YDI get a life.

nattynatters 14

I will say that sometimes it makes sense to wait with kids. I was rough housing with my sister years ago when she fell and hurt her leg. She cried and screamed more than usual so they carried her to the car to go to the ER. She moaned about her leg the whole way. Upon arrival they put Her in a wheel chair and waited hours. The nurse came for her and wheeled her to the scale and started trying to figure out how to get her weight. She popped right out of that chair and skipped to the scale.

OMG that is soo funny my mom did that to me I broke my leg in three places and she diddnt believe me but a week later when it started turning blue she took me to the hospital.

Please remind me how that's even slightly humorous?

ineslovescats 5

I guess her "Motherly Instincts" were a little off on that one. I'm sorry thats happened to you OP!

Wow, my mom's the total opposite. XD I have a very high pain threshold (chronic pain will do that to you), so when I hurt myself, my mom freaks out and tries to rush me to the ER/Doctor's. One time I tripped on my porch and didn't know I'd broken my hand for three months because I could still move it and I had just assumed the pain was from landing on it. Hope your foot heals up okay, OP, leaving injuries delays the healing process and can make it start to heal incorrectly which can lead to corrective surgeries. :/