A tad insecure

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Anchorage

Today, I confronted my girlfriend over how she and a male friend have been going out together, drinking and partying, and at one point holding hands in the street. She angrily accused ME of cheating, because "confronting people like that" is apparently something only cheaters themselves do. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 855
You deserved it 5 135

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's apparently of the "Best defense is a good offense" school of thought. By turning the blame on to you, she's hoping to deflect it from herself.

Cheating is such a norm today it's sickening

Comments

I hold my male friend's hands all the time. It never means anything

WinterBlue42 22

When you are in a relationship, that is something you talk to your partner about first. . And really shouldn't do anyways.

Don't you think you're leading on some of your friends...? Holding hands with male friends seems like flirting to me, unless they're gay...

That happened with me and my ex boyfriend .. He ended up cheating on me

While her reaction was not a good sign, her behavoir isn't necessarily a sign of cheating. Did she act ike this with her male friend before she met you? Does she act like this with female friends? I personally act like that with some of my friends (not the drinking part, just the overall closeness and enjoyment of company part), both male and female. I'm not going to change the way I treat friends just because I start dating someone, and if my boyfriend expected me to he can hit the road. I don't need some insecure guy trying to control me in my life. I've seen far too many friends start dating someone who insists my friend change how act. It's always left my friends miserable. Now if your girlfriend doesn't normally act like this, it would be a red flag, but if it's her usual behavoir, stop worrying.

My ex bf got jealous of girls, which is sad because, I'm not gay at all.

We have to keep in mind that OP probably intentionally worded this so she would look like the bad guy, not him. He didn't mention what he said to her, just that he "confronted her". It's natural for people to become defensive if they're confronted in an aggressive way, regardless of whether or not they're guilty. If he calmly explained his concerns to her, there was no reason for her to lash out. But if he called her a "cheating bitch" or something, I could understand why she would get angry.

Yeah ditch her. Simple as that. A person who acts like that is simply not worth any time whatsoever.

If she's out holding hands with another guy.... Sorry but she's already cheating, bro. Good luck.

Dump her. Trust me. I was in that boat about 5 years ago. Same exact thing. Work friend