Keeping it in the family!

By Franklin - 01/02/2018 05:00 - United States - Fairbanks

Today, we got the results of our family's ancestry DNA tests. My father isn't related to me, but my grandfather is still my grandfather. Apparently grandma cheated on grandpa to get 'dad', and my mother cheated on 'dad' with my 'uncle' to get me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 262
You deserved it 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel like in OP's situation, the DNA test stands for "Do Not Ask!"

chessu 21

Were none of these people aware of you taking the test? Your grandma, mum and dad/uncle? How would they even let it go this far! Sucks to be your 'dad' though! I'd love a follow up.

Comments

daughter-in-law, I think.. but with this bunch, who knows?

chessu 21

Were none of these people aware of you taking the test? Your grandma, mum and dad/uncle? How would they even let it go this far! Sucks to be your 'dad' though! I'd love a follow up.

T3chie 13

Well he/she would probably have to know at some point, so they probably figured they might as well find out now since apparently there was an interest. At least the person now has an interesting story at parties or something 😂

I feel like in OP's situation, the DNA test stands for "Do Not Ask!"

Lobby_Bee 17

So, this shows how the cheaters gene get passed on from generations to generations?

ah the ol Kentucky interfamily gene swap hits again

So, in your family, the monogamy gene is in the “junk DNA” section?

molly__b_ 6

If your mother's husband was the result of adultery he would be the half-brother of your uncle/dad and you would be related to him. Since you are not related to him your 'father' might be adopted.

manb91uk 22

“******* confused” appears to be this family’s favorite pastime.

Grandma cheated, resulting in one child from grandpa (OP’s uncle) and one illegitimate child (OP’s “Dad”). OP’s mother cheated with OP’s uncle. His uncle being grandpa’s son and OP’s real dad, so he is related to grandpa.