By Savingforplasticsurgery - 14/04/2018 19:00

Today, at work, I heard a child whisper, "Mom, why do that woman's ears look like that?" The mom replied, "Because she's not smart enough for a good job." I have large plug ears and a degree in mechanical engineering. I waitress because no engineering firm will hire me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 413
You deserved it 2 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think it is ridiculous how people are not hired for things like tattoos or piercings. Within reason but come on!

WeirdUS 29

I used to work in a hospital and 98% of our engineering department had tattoos, but most were covered with short sleeves. It really depends on what dept. you work in. If it's on the corporate/business end of things you are expected to have a clean-cut look. As long as it can be hidden it isn't a problem. An image is a huge deal.

Comments

I think it is ridiculous how people are not hired for things like tattoos or piercings. Within reason but come on!

WeirdUS 29

I used to work in a hospital and 98% of our engineering department had tattoos, but most were covered with short sleeves. It really depends on what dept. you work in. If it's on the corporate/business end of things you are expected to have a clean-cut look. As long as it can be hidden it isn't a problem. An image is a huge deal.

Society’s being stupid towards you

ImminentDisaster 12

I once saw a lawyer with stretched lobes on TV who folded his lobes behind his ears so he looked professional. I can’t remember how he kept them there, but I’m sure you could figure out a way, and maybe even keep them stretched if that’s what you want. I hope this helps you get a job you want. Good luck :)

You need to find the right fit. An old established company may say no go. But newer companies normally couldn’t care less. You can find these details out even before applying.

No matter what else you said, the fact that you used "couldn't care less," rather than the incorrect--but most often used--"could care less," makes you a winner.

If you hated your job and were look for any excuse to get fired, look her dead in the eyes and tell her this, "And you're here because you're too stupid and lazy to cook for yourself".

are you currently trying to say that you have never been to a restaurant?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ThatGuy9679 13

Not sure if you're just plain bitter or if you're projecting a bit there

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Nhayaa 21

Judging the way you do either, you know. I never understood how the way you look as anything to do with what's in your brain actually. I have tattoos, piercings, I even had red hair (real red, not irish red) some while ago and that's none of your business what my IQ is and why I choose to be this way or that way. That's exactly because some people still think your way that she can't find a job with her earplugs when her competences as a mechanical enginer are definitely not related to that.

You were doing well until the racisim.

there is a look called proffesional. looking like an art student scribble pad isnt it. all actions have consequenses. deal.

It's not even permanent if they are not extremely large. And even then you can still fix it if you want.

Did anyone ask you for your shitty opinion on what people should do with their bodies? Closed minded people like you are the problem. Nothing is permanent. Educate yourself.

Ishvah 15

Don't you love it when teenage stupidity comes back to haunt you

Ive dealt with tables like that with a hidden surprise. Even if it wasn’t my table