By Sad ex-wife - 21/09/2012 15:11 - United Kingdom - Leicester

Today, while at work, I helped my ex-husband pick out a ring for the girl he cheated on me with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 997
You deserved it 7 079

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you convinced him to get an ugly ring then :) Sorry, OP.

olpally 32

What an asshat... I hope you gave him a shit deal on the ring and took a lot of money from him.

Comments

I hope you convinced him to get an ugly ring then :) Sorry, OP.

Okay, I don't get this.. Why'd you even help him in the first place?! Edit: i found out later she must be working at a jewelry. Still I'd not help that jerk..

CaptainDoorknob 7

I'd probably slip out the back, buy a 99 cent fake ring, and replace the one he picked out with it.

He liked it and she helped him put a ring on it.

OhDearBetrayal 25

61- "Alright, so the ring is $730 with the diamond warranty of an extra $100 plus tax. Your total is $3,000, asshole."

crazedsyco 15

haha yes! make it 6k and mabey your boss well give you a rase :)

CaptainDoorknob 7

82 - You didn't end with a period. Don't correct anyone until you yourself are correct.

99, What the **** are you going to do about it? Oh shit, I didn't use a period. I didn't feel a period was necessary

CaptainDoorknob 7

140 - You just sound like the biggest retard. If you're going to correct other people, come correct yourself.

CaptainDoorknob 7

I only said that because I thought you were an annoying Grammar Nazi. But I only just read the post above yours and realized your minor error wasn't nearly as horrid as his.

I must still be dazed from the effects of mr. 78 up there, apologies

CaptainDoorknob 7

As long as you don't spell like a 7 year old child with dyslexia, then you're fine.

That's awful. :( What a jerk. Good riddance.

Pretty_Pink_Lady 10

Yeah he definitely should've gone to a different store. That's beyond heartless of him.

He cheated, he doesn't have a heart to begin with. Anyone who cheats is selfish because if you aren't happy, try to fix things or move on and end it. Cheating is just dirty, selfish, lazy, and lustful. I will never understand the mind of a cheater.

You will never understand the mind of a cheater and yet your entire comment is a psychoanalysis of one...interesting.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I'm so sorry :( I don't know if I could do that. I'd probably see if one of my coworkers could handle it for me :(

olpally 32

What an asshat... I hope you gave him a shit deal on the ring and took a lot of money from him.

flutter4 7

I hope the OP has the luck of seeing the ring returned when he inevitably screws up again.

You got a good look at the shit you don't have to put up with any more. You've got your pride, and she's got him.

OP take solace in the fact that he was unfaithful to you. You were (probably) a good wife who didn't deserve to be cheated on and you should feel good you have a clean conscience. He, however, has to live with the fact he is a cheater and will be reminded of that everyday he's with her. Really, you are the fortunate one in this situation; he's living with guilt and she's going to take vows from a man who has already broken them once. F their lives but you are great OP and you should feel good about yourself.

5, Way to steal some words from kellie pickler.

I was wondering who would recognize the reference! I definitely think those words apply here, though.

skyeyez9 24

Who says the ex feels any guilt? By asking her to help pick out a ring shows he doesnt care.

39 - for OP's sake, let's pretend he feels guilty, ok? I'm sure reality hit her pretty hard today so don't ruin it when people try to make her feel better.

Don't be sad when you see your ex with someone else, just remember that we were all taught as a kid to give our old and bad toys to the less fortunate.

hanymandy 6

Perfect quote! Great song too

I hope you sold him the most expensive & ugliest ring in store.

I highly doubt those two go hand in hand in a jewelry store

The question is more likely "WHO made you feel obligated to do that?", and the answer would probably be "My boss".

Well I figured she worked there but I'd think her boss would let someone else do it instead of her unless her boss being somehow unaware of her previous marriage..

BeforeItWasCool 12

Well if he was enough of an asshole to cheat, then you haven't lost much OP. Just remember, that girl is gonna spend the rest of her life with a cheat. She'll always know how they got together and I'm pretty sure it'll play on her mind. At least you're free to enjoy your life and find someone right for you now OP.

Nabee143 3

Wow! He is the definition of a douche bag! If it were me, I would've told him to **** off and go somewhere else. Sorry OP, I know that was probably one of your worst days ever. Don't worry though, I'm sure your Prince Charming is just around the corner.

Since clearly he isn't considerate and a cheater, you'll easily find someone better OP (: