By HungryStudent - 20/08/2014 18:59 - Puerto Rico - Carolina

Today, my 24-year-old, unemployed brother stole all of my food money and went out with his friends. His punishment from our parents? He has to pay me back when he gets a job. My stomach has to wait. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 000
You deserved it 3 227

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hopefully your parents can give you some food money... Sorry op

Comments

Hopefully your parents can give you some food money... Sorry op

Lebeaugars95 20

That's a complete parenting fail in my opinion.. Like what kind of punishment is that?

Considering his brother is 24, it's more of a sibling/decency fail... At that age the parents really aren't able to enforce any punishment... Edit for gender fail

At 24 he's an adult, so I'm not sure there's much they can do in the way of punishment. More if he lives at home (but for instance a mobile/cell phone may be the number on his CV), nothing if he doesn't. Technically, OP could call the police.

While OP is an adult, I know that no matter what age I am at, my parents would help me out however they could. Just because you're over 18 doesn't mean you aren't their child anymore in my opinion.

If his brother is unemployed and stealing his money he is probably living with his parents.

RedPillSucks 31

After so many years, parents are tired and let all sorts of stuff slide. Your brother is a user who's taking advantage of you and your parents

I'm pretty sure OP is not an adult, at least not a working adult yet. OP's username is "HungryStudent" which implies that s/he isn't working yet, and is probably younger than his/her 24-year-old brother.

rather then letting the brother off I am.more concerned with why the parents are not feeding OP

Lil_Red777 21

It could have been his lunch money.

I agree they should help OP, I never said otherwise, I just said that that there may not be much they can do against the thieving son. You can't really control an adult easily.

OP, Make him get one if he's not willing to do it himself! Or borrow it from your parents and make it between them and your brother

So you will eat in like one year, cool.

pwnman 33

What the hell? This happened to me a few months ago, and my parents did the same thing. God, I hate people like this.

skittyskatbrat 19

So...take and pawn his stuff. And tell him you'll pay him back when he can pay you. Or he can get them out of pawn himself and you'll call it even. And then push your parents to explain, exactly, why that's not fair...logically....

#6 And did you not post it on FML just like OP?

badluckalex 23

Although that sounds like a good plan 24, lets be realistic. I imagine her brother doing much worse things if she pawned his stuff for money. Im not saying he doesnt deserve it, but that idea could be dangerous.

Chances are he doesn't have anything worth pawning.

That sucks, in return take his whole first paycheck. He'll then understand what you went through.

sofitina 20

Something tells me that if she did that, her brother would tell their parents and she'd get a much harsher punishment.

gemstone586 12

dafuk is wrong with you people?? He's twenty freaking four.... why are his parents still punishing him??? unless OP is a minor, he should just get some balls and handle it.....

RedPillSucks 31

because it doesn't matter what age it is, it's theft, plain and simple, and theft deserves punishment

That really isn't cool of your parents, OP. They really should have loaned you some money for food.

Loaned with the debt owed by OP's brother.

supersquirel500 10

What in the blue **** does this have to do with the FML ?

#11 didn't you know that orgasms cure hunger?? lol