By indefiniteforest - 20/02/2017 13:00 - United States - Hillsboro

Today, my roommate was complaining about a headache, so I offered her some aspirin. She looked at me like I was stupid and said, "Uh... That stuff's only for heart attacks." I'm living with an idiot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 204
You deserved it 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** your life and **** the life of whoever has a heart attack in her presence. "I took your phone away 'cause you don't need a damn ambulance. Now take the pills!"

People sometimes take a low dose of aspirin daily to help prevent heart attack. But yeah, obviously it's for headache and other pain, too.

Comments

**** your life and **** the life of whoever has a heart attack in her presence. "I took your phone away 'cause you don't need a damn ambulance. Now take the pills!"

People sometimes take a low dose of aspirin daily to help prevent heart attack. But yeah, obviously it's for headache and other pain, too.

Depends on the strength of the aspirin in question. There are some aspirin types that are designed solely for heart attacks. However, I am assuming that this is simple low-dose aspirin.

I really hope you won't have heart Attack while she is there, otherwise you'll only get aspirin as the help.

At least they know that much. Some people do not know that.

She's not totally wrong! XD only time I've heard of asprin being used for a heart attack though is when the person having a heart attack is loaded up on other drugs

To be fair, some of Bayer's commercials suggested that as well

Both are correct - Aspirin is first aid for a heart attack. And it helps headaches. Because aspirin tends to cause stomach pains if used frequently, most people use Tylenol for headaches. Caffeine also helps headaches.

Shadowvoid 33

Yes, a baby aspirin (81mg) is recommended daily to lower the risk of heart attack, but a regular aspirin (200-250mg) is not the same thing. The baby aspirin is typically prescribed to people as a blood thinner. It makes the blood clot less easily. That's why it is common for older people to have problems with losing too much blood from minor injuries (along with other factors).

You are correct with one addition. If you are having a heart attack you will be given a full dose of aspirin which is 325mg. 81mg is for prevention.