By sendhelp - 30/04/2017 16:00

Today, my mom asked me to take my dad's mail to him. The "mail" was divorce papers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 493
You deserved it 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In history, at times, the only way out of marriage was death. Now you can get divorced in a day or two. Marriage isn't the 'final step to commitment' anymore. Perhaps full cellphone text/call/internet/app history disclosure is?

Comments

In history, at times, the only way out of marriage was death. Now you can get divorced in a day or two. Marriage isn't the 'final step to commitment' anymore. Perhaps full cellphone text/call/internet/app history disclosure is?

Divorce is an expensive and long, drawn-out process. The state apparently wants you to suffer in a loveless, soul-sucking marriage rather than separate and have a chance to find happiness.

What sort of divorces have you seen?? If a divorce only takes one or two days, then either that couple had very little property and no children, or one person agreed to walk away from everything. Divorce alone takes months, and having kids usually adds even longer.

Depends on where you are. Even with no assets or kids, California has a mandatory 6 month waiting period from the time you file until it is finalized.

That was a parental FAIL. How dare she involve her child in the private relationship issues. The kids should not have to partake in any divorce or separation of their parents. They should not be used by one parent against the other. It's harmful and really pisses me off.

While I agree that OP's mom was in the wrong, I have to disagree with the idea they shouldn't have anything to do with the process. They deserve to know why their parents are splitting up, what each parent is going to have asset wise, and who is relocating, and where. They deserve to be informed enough to give their opinion to the judge about who they would prefer to stay with.

Pfff i would dump it in the trash and just said you misplaced it. How dare she involves you in her dispute.