By Anonyme - 14/08/2011 23:53 - Lebanon

Today, my 12-year-old daughter is a Nirvana fan, while my 20-year-old son is a Justin Bieber fan. How did that happen? FML
I agree, your life sucks 619
You deserved it 102

Top comments

Your children feel comfortable enough to break free of stereotypes with their music taste, unless they're blasting it needlessly loudly why is that a bad thing?

Hey... Your daughter actually has decent taste in music! .....FYL about your son though.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
celestian1998 8

My guess is that they actually arent actually that upset about it, and just thought it would be a funny FML. Im not the OP so I cant confirm that, but it seems likely to me.

Your children feel comfortable enough to break free of stereotypes with their music taste, unless they're blasting it needlessly loudly why is that a bad thing?

Don't make this about gender stereotypes. I think his comment was "My young child listens to good music despite being younger and less versed in the ways of the world and my oldest child, despite having more worldly experience and age, listens to what amounts to diarrhea with an stupid haircut."

Allornone 35

um, 70, 2's comment refers to stereotypes in general, saying nothing specifically of gender. Your examples refer to stereotypes as well, though focused more on age. You may very well agree.

Hey... Your daughter actually has decent taste in music! .....FYL about your son though.

Justin Bieber has improved! I like his songs nowadays ..and i am 27!

And? Liking the music isn't the same as liking the person.

I guess you can't trust your daughter with secrets anymore. She may have picked up Kurt's penchant for shooting his mouth off.

That's in such poor taste. Would you actually say that without the anonymity of the Internet?

Kinda dark humor but I thought that was a pretty good pun.

#40, yes actually, I would and indeed I have. Multiple times, in fact. If anything, I'm running that joke into the ground at this point.

Yes. It's called "dark humor." Look it up and stop being so soft.

Totally not soft. I get that it was a joke. However it was tasteless. It's right up there with the bed size meme with a coffin labeled as Prince sized two days after his death.

It's been 20 years since he died. If you think it's tasteless to make light jokes about a man who isn't even alive anymore, you ARE soft.

It's not tasteless because it was light humour about a man who died 22 yrs ago, but rather making light of suicide. That is a subject that shouldn't be joked about. It has nothing to do with my being soft.

ANYTHING can be joked about. Period.

At least, when your son's kids listen to his music and think it's awful, they won't be wrong.

JB's voice doesn't sound so bad, and some of his songs are actually good!

**** their lives that you judge them based on the music they listen to.

Nowhere did he actually say that. You are just as judgmental as you claim he is...

Don't judge your kids by the music they listen to. they will probably phase out of it in time.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway