You're gonna be a star

By JJ101 - 19/02/2010 11:52 - Australia

Today, I was teaching a special techniques class for ballet and was focusing on pirouettes. I was teaching a group of 8 year-olds, and one student could do perfect triple turns one after the other. I still can't do them, and I've been dancing for 15 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 219
You deserved it 6 095

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thighsofglory 0

It's the same thing with those little tiny gymnasts. The 8-year-old only weighs 60 pounds, maybe. I hope you weigh a little more.

if they can do that, you must be a good teacher? PEOPLE STOP BEING SUCH DOUCHEBAGS. its not easy you know! christ.

Comments

RapidRawr 0

ever think that some people are better then others? gosh go jump in a puddle

FUDGELOVESME 0

so wat if an eight year old is a better ballerina than you suck it up. she can help it if she's awesome at ballet and you suck

the kid probably did the turn turned in. it was probably just a fluke. if you cant get a tripple pirroutte that just means that you havent found your centre of balance needed to do such a turn. then again if you have been dancing for fifteen years you must be a crappy dancer. i have dancing for eight years and i do them all the time on pointe. f your teaching.

dude, NONE of these people have any ******* clue what they're talking about. that does NOT make you a shitty dancer whatsoever. these people wish they could do what us dancers do. i completely understand, i'm in the highest level dance class at my university, never make mistakes, and always get told what a great dancer i am, i've been dancing since i was 4. now i'm 19, and i can't do a triple to save my life. my amazing PROFESSIONAL dance professor has no problem with it at all, he's constantly telling us to not spaz out and attempt to pirouette a billion times and to just ******* do it right so that it looks beautiful. quantity does not equal quality. **** every single person that commented on this post. OP you still kick ass, you probably are an amazing dancer, if you weren't surely you would have quit or someone would have told you to quit years and years ago, or you would have injured yourself by now. keep dancin, baby.

alyssax33 0

seriously?! turns are a MAJOR component of dance. I've been dancing since I was 3 and my mom was a professional ballerina. I've taken from some of the top choreographers in the world. trust me when I say that turns are important and you won't go far in the world of dance if you can't do them. people that can turn well have good technique, a strong core, and well-developed leg muscles. all of these are necessary components in dance. if you don't have them, you won't go far. promise.

heybud 0

same here, I have been dancing since i was 3 and now in 15, both my mom and grandma were dancers, how can that person not do a triple and be in the highest level of dance??? im sorry but really????

Some people get stuff better than others. You can probably do a lot of stiuf she can't.

mrzero 0

how is it FML??? you should be proud of your student.

Pearljammer001 0

maybe it's time to re-evaluate your Carter choice OP. an 8 year old girl should not be able to do anything better than you.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Guess which one are you.

So? Who cares. Not everybody can do everything perfectly.