You're gonna be a star

By JJ101 - 19/02/2010 11:52 - Australia

Today, I was teaching a special techniques class for ballet and was focusing on pirouettes. I was teaching a group of 8 year-olds, and one student could do perfect triple turns one after the other. I still can't do them, and I've been dancing for 15 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 219
You deserved it 6 095

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thighsofglory 0

It's the same thing with those little tiny gymnasts. The 8-year-old only weighs 60 pounds, maybe. I hope you weigh a little more.

if they can do that, you must be a good teacher? PEOPLE STOP BEING SUCH DOUCHEBAGS. its not easy you know! christ.

Comments

That's the little thing called "talent". Some people have more than others. While you might have some (or even a lot), the kid has more. This happens. Live with it, OP, this doesn't make you useless!

This doesn't necessarily mean that OP has less talent than the kid, just that the 8 year old is better than her in this one aspect. I'm sure OP is way better than the 8 year old in many other aspects of ballet.

I've been dancing for twelve years and could so a triple at age 12. you're a shitty dancer, OP, at let's in this area.

too bad you never learned how to write...bitch

hales1224 0

sounds like me. all these little kids are way better then I am and I've been dancing for 15 years as well

alyssax33 0

well that means that you suck almost as bad as the teacher does. way to go.

goldspeck 0

duh, those who can't do teach! don't feel bad if he can do that you're a great teacher!!

marcosfml15 0

shut the **** up. this isn't an fml at all. ydi just because your a dumbass bitch. obviously you don't have any talent and have been lying to yourself for the last 15 years

sourgirl101 28

Does anybody else remember being younger and able to do a split and backflips? The body is much more flexable when you're younger.

Flexibility does not correspond with pirouettes. Sorry.

well, i mean a proper pirouette requires precise turnout at retiré, which requires a certain degree of flexibility given that not everyone is able to go 180 degree turnout right away. but i mean, i guess a high degree of flexibility isn't necessary

camsham86 0

If you've been dancing for fifteen years, and you CAN'T turn triple pirouettes, why ARE YOU TEACHING SPECIAL TECHNIQUES?!!! That's embarrassing.

Remember, dancing isn't about the tricks. Sure it's impressive, but if you can't move fluidly in tune with the music, you should never call yourself a dancer. Just because you can't pop a triple doesn't mean you're not a good dancer :3 But if an 8 year old you just taught pirouettes CAN pop a triple, means you must be doing something right.

wtfsauce 0

Ever heard of beginner's luck?

Ummmm...raw, natural talent? I guess that is always an option! Don't worry..u will catch up.