WTF?

By Anonymous - 13/11/2018 05:00

Today, I was denied an animal adoption because I said "babies" instead of "kittens". Apparently that means I'm not serious about pet ownership. What?! FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 056
You deserved it 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sourgirl101 28

I adopted 3 of my cats just from people standing in front of a Home Depot/ Publix trying to give them away to a good home. There never seems to be a shortage of kitties needing a loving family to care for them

whiskey'swino 15

My doggos are my fur babies, super spoiled and well cared for. If the agency didn't appreciate your verbiage then there will be plenty f other places or people that would be happy to give a kitten a good home with a doting mama.

Comments

find a private seller. they'll love you for it even more

GUYMAINE 16

"crazy cat lady" is just a saying you don't have to act it out

Do adopted human babies not count as "your baby"? What's the difference between an adopted human baby and an adopted animal baby in the eyes of the person looking after and raising it?

chessu 21

If you're one of those who calls their pets their children and yourself their dad and that's how you came across, I'd be vary, too and YDI. If it was a simple 'wow look at these cute little furry babies' then FYL.

julfunky 29

They’d deserve not being allowed to have pets because they’d treat them as well as they would had they been human babies? Makes sense.

Wow, that's stupid they denied you because of that.

This is offends me as someone who’s spirit animal is a cat.

Justin Allan Bannister 9

See, me, I've seen a lot of animal adoption paperwork in my life, and I'm wondering what the context was, because there would be NO REASON for you to say the word "kittens" on any adoption paperwork, unless it was in the sentence "I will not get my cat spayed because I want her to have kittens". THAT, my friend, will get you denied, whether you say "babies" or "kittens" or "wallywampus small beings".